free information!
Copyright
© 1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Social security number not valid for employment

I have a friend who has been in the us for many years and has a SS# that says not valid for employment without immigration authoraziation.
    What would happen if he uses the SS# to work on the books?? He has found a job that will employ my friend.

I have a friend who has been in the us for many years and has a SS# that says not valid for employment without immigration authoraziation.
    What would happen if he uses the SS# to work on the books?? He has found a job that will employ my friend.

Honestly, I think you are threading hot waters here. This would be a cross violation not only by him, but also by the employer that will hire him.

What I think he can do, without violating anything is freelancing. Freelancers do not have to sign I-9 Forms.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Do you have experience in the matter, have you seen the facts or discussed it with other people who have done?
    Is this all an assumption?

what's your fried's legal status in the US?

so, he shouldn't be working. As I understand it, freelancing is form of work.

I asked about his status because many residents (GC holders) have never bothered to change SS card after they've received GC, so their cards also say "not walid for employment without immigration authorisation". The difference here is that they are authorised to work.

the question here is not whether they are authorized to work or not, we all know the answers to that. This person has family and has to eat. The question is whether is safe for them to use the number to work without getting discovered by immigration.

so what do you think "not valid for employment" means? That it is OK for this illegal to work? Why?
    Why is it so many douchebag Americans believe that their illegal alien friend is exempt from our laws? If this clown needs money, all he has to do is scrape up an airfare and LEAVE MY COUNTRY! So simple.

ignoring the intelligent comments of previous! Get caught working when ur not supposed to is just opening the door for trouble.... Go and get some decent advice and find out if u can get the restrictions lifted. Anyone can take risks, but getting caught is going to just make matters worse! Or living in fear of getting caught.. its just not worth it.