publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How soon can I travel outside of the USA after the first time as a New Immigrant ?

Hello Everyone,
    I just received my visa of DV2005 in July 2005,so I have to enter USA after six months of the issue date, right?

I'm about to enter the USA for the first time as a new Immigrant. I have a simple question, once I receive the I-551 Stamp (Temporary GC) in my passport, how soon after can I travel outside of the USA?

I'd like to enter the USA for a week and then return to my country to dispose of my property here, and to clear my work before permanently moving in April 2006.

Any help will be appreciated.....thank you !

Hello Everyone,
    I just received my visa of DV2005 in July 2005,so I have to enter USA after six months of the issue date, right?

I'm about to enter the USA for the first time as a new Immigrant. I have a simple question, once I receive the I-551 Stamp (Temporary GC) in my passport, how soon after can I travel outside of the USA?

I'd like to enter the USA for a week and then return to my country to dispose of my property here, and to clear my work before permanently moving in April 2006.

Any help will be appreciated.....thank you !

As a Permanent Resident, you cannot remain outside of America for more than one year (without prior permission from USCIS), and it is better if you do not remain outside of the country for more than six months at a time.

An extended absence from the United States might mean that you forfeit your Permament Residency...the Customs Officer at the port of entry might challenge your right to re-enter as a Permanent Resident if he concludes that you're not really residing in the country.

You can leave the country straight away and keep the advice of SunDevilUSA in above post in mind

At the bottom of your visa you can find the expiration date, it should be valid for 6 month from the date of issuance.Can you complete yuor work within 6 months?
    After you enter the us you can depart next day , it will be good if you apply of the permit to Re-Enter US, which will be valid for one/two years from the date of isse.