free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: H1B Filing

Hello,

I am currently on OPT (MBA in Finance) till April 16th 2010.I interviewed with a potential employer(non-profit)last week and they have evinced intrest in hiring me for the postion of Accounting / Financial analyst. But , the annual salary they are willing to pay is 35-40k. Now the minimum annual salary for a Financial analyst on H1B is 47,050$ according to the website "flcdatacenter dot com"

This being the case I wanted to know what would be my options.

Could I apply for the same job under a different category like Accountants
    whose job responsibilities is very much the same as the position I interviewed for and the annual salary rate also being 41,454$ which would be much closer to what they are offering.

Or may be apply under a category whose salary range matches what I am being offered.

Hoping for some helpful guidence.

Thanks,
    Priya

Hello,

I am currently on OPT (MBA in Finance) till April 16th 2010.I interviewed with a potential employer(non-profit)last week and they have evinced intrest in hiring me for the postion of Accounting / Financial analyst. But , the annual salary they are willing to pay is 35-40k. Now the minimum annual salary for a Financial analyst on H1B is 47,050$ according to the website "flcdatacenter dot com"

This being the case I wanted to know what would be my options.

Could I apply for the same job under a different category like Accountants
    whose job responsibilities is very much the same as the position I interviewed for and the annual salary rate also being 41,454$ which would be much closer to what they are offering.

Or may be apply under a category whose salary range matches what I am being offered.

Hoping for some helpful guidence.

Thanks,
    Priya

It's preferable that you be hired in the accountant position instead of financial analyst, because in all likelihood you'll be performing accounting duties anyway rather than financial analyst that's more of a supervisory position in many organizations. The company should know that as provided for in hiring aliens under the H-1B category that they should pay 100% of the prevailing wage in the geographical area of prospective employment. This is part of the attestation in the Labor Condition Application with the Department of Labor. This is more so these days that DHS is conducting 25,000 on-site inspections for H-1B program implementation in fiscal year 2010.

True. Thank you for the information. It was helpful.

You're welcome. Give us updates.