50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: overstayed and been here 10+ years if i leave for 6 months would i get back in ??

hi i came here in 97 with my girlfriend and went back and forth to the uk every so often but overstayed my visitor waiver and never been out of the country for over 10 years now, we looked into every option of getting a visa but the only way was marriage to a usc which we would not do fraudulently, we have a son born here 5 years ago , been working and paying taxes for 12 years, not that that will make a difference,if i have to leave to see a sick relative what do you think the chances are of getting back in the country? i overstayed and went in and out a few times with no problem but that was before 9/11 anyone know someone who has left and returned recently???

hi i came here in 97 with my girlfriend and went back and forth to the uk every so often but overstayed my visitor waiver and never been out of the country for over 10 years now, we looked into every option of getting a visa but the only way was marriage to a usc which we would not do fraudulently, we have a son born here 5 years ago , been working and paying taxes for 12 years, not that that will make a difference,if i have to leave to see a sick relative what do you think the chances are of getting back in the country? i overstayed and went in and out a few times with no problem but that was before 9/11 anyone know someone who has left and returned recently???

Hi Will,

I think you'd be taking a great risk leaving the USA without status. If you were caught, it would also trigger a bar of re-entry to the USA for a specified period of time (3 - 10 years, I believe). Good luck.

That was before 911. You will not get back in, and you will have a 10 bar with no remedy other than waiting for your child to turn 21 to petition for you.

Check into cancellation of removal/withholding of removal if you have been in the country for 10 years without leaving. you cannot have been in any trouble either. This may be your solution, but it may not be in time to see the relative.

See an immigration attorney.

thanks for the info i never heard of removal/witholding of removal how can i get more info on that ? i have been here for over 10 years never been in trouble have excelent credit etc any info on the removal/ thing would be appreciated, should i contact an immigration attorney on that ? thanks again

Hi Will,

I would take 4Now's advice and speak with an immigration attorney. Best of luck to you.

Regardless of the amount of taxes you pay or the number of children you have, you are an illegal alien. If you leave, you will not be let back in. You will be refused entry and never allowed back in without a waiver.

So, just what is your problem with marriage? You like with a woman and have children, but won't marry her.

Are you just keeping your options open so you can bail on her if necessary?

And, since you are not married and obviously have no real commitment to your child, you will NOT qualify for withholding of removal.

But, if you want to try, you have to go to your local ICE office and surrender. Or give me your address and I will report you.

Did you enter on a visa or on the Visa Waiver Program?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by will:
    hi i came here in 97 with my girlfriend and went back and forth to the uk every so often but overstayed my visitor waiver and never been out of the country for over 10 years now, we looked into every option of getting a visa but the only way was marriage to a usc which we would not do fraudulently, we have a son born here 5 years ago , been working and paying taxes for 12 years, not that that will make a difference,if i have to leave to see a sick relative what do you think the chances are of getting back in the country? i overstayed and went in and out a few times with no problem but that was before 9/11 anyone know someone who has left and returned recently??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most Already Aware!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

federale86, first of all what a ignorant S^*T head you are !

did you actually read the post ?
    the problem with marriage is, we are both here in the same situation and would not marry a usc fraudulently to get a green card we have lots of friends who offer to do so with us,
    i wont "bail on her" as you say , we have been together 15 years, also the only reason i am still here is because i think my son will have a better life here and i will certainly give you my address if you promise to show up at my door first before you report me so i can knock the
    S%^T out of you, you ******!