Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filing for parents

Hello everyone on ILW...

Some of you might remember me...It's been a long time I haven't visited the forum...hope you all are doing great....

Can someone tell me website or information on filing for parents of USC?

Thanks,
    Pasha

Hello everyone on ILW...

Some of you might remember me...It's been a long time I haven't visited the forum...hope you all are doing great....

Thanks,
    Pasha

welcome back...

what kind of information you are looking for? You know the basics... Anything specific?

Hi Pasha,

Long time no hear.
    Here's the information from the USCIS website. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/si...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
    Of course, you file an I-130, and since you're a USC filing for immediate relatives, (your parents), a visa will be available right away (no priority dates involved). Once they are here they'd file an I-485 to adjust status. It's really the same as what you've already been through many years ago.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pasha Patel:
    Hello everyone on ILW...

Thanks,
    Pasha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swissnut:
    Once they are here they'd file an I-485 to adjust status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If they are not in the USA, they will first get immigrant visas and then, they will become permanent residents the moment they enter USA using those visas. No need for I-485.

Only if they are in the USA, you file I-130 and they file I-485 at the same time...

Don't forget that USCIS can deny an application for fraud if they avoid the laws requiring an immgirant visa to enter the U.S. Lots here recommend entering on a non-immigrant visa then adjusting. That is fraud. The adjustment can only be incidental to the entry as a non-immigrant. Usually USCIS denys the application for adjustment if it is within a few months of entry.

Hello Pasha

Congrats on bringing your parents over!!

Nice to see you stop by. The board misses you.
    I know you dont have much time because you are far too busy 4us

Hope you are doing well and dont be a stranger to the board

Hello Aneri, Swissnut, 4now and Federale86,

Thank you everyone for your input. Its been a long time since I dealt with USCIS so your replies were helpful. I am just filing for my parents now as they didnt want to come here before and they would like the process to be delayed as much as possible so they will go through consular process and not adjustment of status.

How are you doing Swissnut and 4now? Its been a long time since I used to be regular visitor of this forum but due to time restriction its very hard now. We had some great time and it used to be so much fun. Hope everything is going great with you guysI miss this board and you all tooI will try my best to visit it as time permits.

Pasha

Glad to see your parents are following the law. It irks me to no end by those who just want to avoid following the law.

Many Good Folks Follow the rules, and many more do Not. Thanks to those that do. It does Matter!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y