50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems renouncing citizenship...

Hello there folks, how is everything?

I am a naturalized US citizen. I am trying to renounce my Turkish citizenship however the consulate tells me that it is a crime not registering and/or performing military obligation in Turkey, therefore it is not permissible to renounce their citizenship. I found an article at this link that talks about it under para 3.2;

http://www.turkishweekly.net/articles.php?id=23#_ftn28

With the second amendment realized by the Act No. 4112, the requirement of performing compulsory military service is no longer made a condition for permission to renounce Turkish nationality.

Under the former Article 20(b) which was annulled by the Act No. 4112 in 1995, the person requesting permission to renounce must have performed or be regarded to have performed compulsory military service. As a result of the annulment of this provision (paragraph (b)), it has now become possible for Turkish male citizens who have not yet performed military service to request permission to renounce Turkish nationality from the Council of Ministers. Thus, it is ensured with this change that the conditions for permission to renounce Turkish nationality has been liberalized.

I haven't been there since I arrived US 9 years ago. I don't visit there, I don't have any intention to do so, I do not have any financial, corporate ties, etc. I don't claim dual citizenship, I don't maintain Turkish citizenship, I do not hold an active Turkish passport. I am going to sign a sworn notarized statement that I am fully desiring to renounce my native citizenship and that will be submitted with my security clearance application, however I would like to see that I renounce that citizenship. It seems that the consulate is playing around because the article says it is possible with the new amendments. Is it any international platform that I can renounce this citizenship without dealing with them??? It is obvious that Turkish government is not willing to cooperate at this time. I really need some advice on what I can do in this matter...

They responded later that the article addresses when the Turkish government removes me from citizenship, but not dealing with my case, which is applying to renounce ... They are requiring me to register with the Turkish military which is not doable for me anymore being in the US military and going for a job that requires security clearance. It is like I am stuck. I told them I will send the application to renounce anyway, and asked them kindly to forward it to Turkish ministry of internal affairs.
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Hello there folks, how is everything?

I am a naturalized US citizen. I am trying to renounce my Turkish citizenship however the consulate tells me that it is a crime not registering and/or performing military obligation in Turkey, therefore it is not permissible to renounce their citizenship. I found an article at this link that talks about it under para 3.2;

http://www.turkishweekly.net/articles.php?id=23#_ftn28

With the second amendment realized by the Act No. 4112, the requirement of performing compulsory military service is no longer made a condition for permission to renounce Turkish nationality.

Under the former Article 20(b) which was annulled by the Act No. 4112 in 1995, the person requesting permission to renounce must have performed or be regarded to have performed compulsory military service. As a result of the annulment of this provision (paragraph (b)), it has now become possible for Turkish male citizens who have not yet performed military service to request permission to renounce Turkish nationality from the Council of Ministers. Thus, it is ensured with this change that the conditions for permission to renounce Turkish nationality has been liberalized.

I haven't been there since I arrived US 9 years ago. I don't visit there, I don't have any intention to do so, I do not have any financial, corporate ties, etc. I don't claim dual citizenship, I don't maintain Turkish citizenship, I do not hold an active Turkish passport. I am going to sign a sworn notarized statement that I am fully desiring to renounce my native citizenship and that will be submitted with my security clearance application, however I would like to see that I renounce that citizenship. It seems that the consulate is playing around because the article says it is possible with the new amendments. Is it any international platform that I can renounce this citizenship without dealing with them??? It is obvious that Turkish government is not willing to cooperate at this time. I really need some advice on what I can do in this matter...

They responded later that the article addresses when the Turkish government removes me from citizenship, but not dealing with my case, which is applying to renounce ... They are requiring me to register with the Turkish military which is not doable for me anymore being in the US military and going for a job that requires security clearance. It is like I am stuck. I told them I will send the application to renounce anyway, and asked them kindly to forward it to Turkish ministry of internal affairs.

Exactly, I renounced it when I took the oath before I deployed last year, however, when they are doing the security clearance DSS looks at it differently. I don't claim their citizenship but they claim they have rights over me. I am surprised why there are no Status of Forces agreements like we have with South Korea. Since they claim that I am still their citizen, DoD doesn't like that. It is good to show that one intends to renounce their native citizenship, and that shows loyalty to the US, which I am to the blood, but those morons are not helping me out here, being a NATO member and all...

Like your avatar and sig...

Tuff One!!! . Good Luck friend! Looks Like You are On The Right Track With The Correct Actions Though.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

My security clearance level would not require that but I believe above Top Secret does...

Plan of action is to submit the application to renounce with a memo from my commander saying that I am going to become a US warrant officer and hell with them. As soon as I redeploy, I will turn my 5 yr expired passport into the post office and get a receipt, get a notarized statement that says I am renouncing my native citizenship.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bushmaster:
    My security clearance level would not require that but I believe above Top Secret does...

Plan of action is to submit the application to renounce with a memo from my commander saying that I am going to become a US warrant officer and hell with them. As soon as I redeploy, I will turn my 5 yr expired passport into the post office and get a receipt, get a notarized statement that says I am renouncing my native citizenship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOW YOUR TALKIN! WELCOME!!!

Thats What They want To see! Cant Be 50/50.
    100%. One Or The Other! Being an American isn't Giving Self To a Place/Ethnic Backround/Culture/Religeon! Is A Way Of Life!!

A Respect For Self! With The Freedom To Choose Right From Wrong!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

This is a good AMERICAN !!! He is renouncing all links to terrorism and embracing the USA !!! All immigrants should do this and show their loyalty to and love of the USA !!!

WELCOME MY FELLOW AMERICAN !!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND NO ONE ELSE!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    This is a good AMERICAN !!! He is renouncing all links to terrorism and embracing the USA !!! All immigrants should do this and show their loyalty to and love of the USA !!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND NO ONE ELSE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All immigrants should do what exactly Michael? links to terrorism or their motherland? Or both?

Just want you to make it clear.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND NO ONE ELSE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All immigrants should do what exactly Michael? links to terrorism or their motherland? Or both?

Just want you to make it clear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sprintie,

The Poster Is In a Unique Situation and Status. Som Only Points Out Political Possibilities That Are Always In The Eyes Of Those Within Power! Here Or there? Always A Question!

The Words May Seem Extreme From SOM. But The Thinking Of Those Making a Difference In the Life Of The Poster. Are The Questions In The Mind Of Those In Power That Make The choices. .

Well, I have chosen one loyalty one nationality even before I arrived there. Tough that the other one can't realize that, I mean what kind of BS trying to make me register with their military service while I am in a different military service already? What part of it that they don't get it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He is renouncing all links to terrorism </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, I wouldn't say that, I never had links to begin with LOL, but served proudly against it for 15 months in the desert.