free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa for a Coach

Hello - this site was a huge help for me when I was processing the paperwork for my husband and I thought you may be a resource yet again.

We are working on papers for a Brazilian (has both Brazilian and Italian passports) who would come to be a coach at my husband's gym - a Mixed Martial Arts studio specializing in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. The applicant is a BJJ Black Belt and very skilled however does not have a list of athletic accomplishments or students he has coached in Brazil.

I know he would be a great asset to our gym and I really want to be able to get him here. He has been to the US several times to visit and all of his paperwork is in order. He has plenty of money in the bank and my company has filed taxes as an LLC for the past 2 years.

Any advise, point in the right direction, would be appreciated as always. Thank you.

Hello - this site was a huge help for me when I was processing the paperwork for my husband and I thought you may be a resource yet again.

We are working on papers for a Brazilian (has both Brazilian and Italian passports) who would come to be a coach at my husband's gym - a Mixed Martial Arts studio specializing in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. The applicant is a BJJ Black Belt and very skilled however does not have a list of athletic accomplishments or students he has coached in Brazil.

I know he would be a great asset to our gym and I really want to be able to get him here. He has been to the US several times to visit and all of his paperwork is in order. He has plenty of money in the bank and my company has filed taxes as an LLC for the past 2 years.

Any advise, point in the right direction, would be appreciated as always. Thank you.

Someone12
    just contact ole Roger A....he will gladly sell out any American for a few dollars....

oh, that's right bring more fabeleros, there's not enough of them in Miami, LA, SF, NY. You mean to tell us that you CANNOT find any American or lawful citizen to do that job? fabeleros...err...Brazilians are known for their low life standards, they are noisy, the women are loose, the men think they are superior to women, they drink and do drugs...Listen to S12 advice dumb.as.s. and if that doesn't work, contact any commie pinko liberal that opines here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    just contact ole Roger A....he will gladly sell out any American for a few dollars.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What part of "LEGAL IMMIGRATION" don't you understand?

mecrbc, you might want to explore the possibility of bringing your Brazilian coach via either as an O or P nonimmigrant. But the P visa is more for an athlete in a team who would compete, so I think the O visa is more appropriate in this case. But he needs to meet the extraordinary ability standard required for classification in the O category. It's wise to hire an immigration lawyer to prepare the petition paperwork.

Thanks. I checked out the qualifications for an O visa and I don't think he has the merits to qualify for that. Do you think we could petition as an Employer - H1 or something? He has a skill critical to the growth of our business and something that we cannot find within the US.

Please take note that the prime requirement for a job offer to qualify under H-1B is a baccalaureate degree like that of an accountant, engineer, architect, research analyst, and the likes. Remember that one could be a black belt in any martial arts form sans a BS degree. Hence, that's a more far-off possibility.

mecrbc - It's a shame to see you affronted with such hostility for such a simple question. But without any kind of formal skill, it may be difficult to find a white-hat method for getting your trainer into the US.
    Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.