Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i-751 approved by VSC

Hi,

I have been reading the postings on this board for sometime now. I appreciate the helpfulness of some of the posters. Thought I will post the good news for those who are anxiously awaiting a decision from VSC on their i-751 application.

Today (5/17) I received a typed letter from DHS informing me that my pending application for removal of condition on my permanent residence has been approved. It also provides the usual directions about going to the local office with photos and passport etc to apply for new I-551.

Well, what a relief, I did not expect to hear from VSC for almost another year. I feel so relieved. Here is my time line:

- Married April: 2001
    - Applied for i-485: April 2001 (Marraige based)
    - AOS interview and i-485 approval: 10/16/2001
    - Submitted i-751" 7/16/2003
    - Received approval for i-751: 5/17/2004.

So I am all psyched up, off to N-400 in July

For those interested to know. My wife and I have been living together for over 4 years before getting married. We submitted our joint tax returns, joint home ownership papers, joint bank account papers, joint benefits etc papers. Did not send a letter from friends\relatives. Took pictures of family andtravel together.

So there it is, I was not in the least concerned about proving bona fida. Just tired and anxious of waiting. But I guess the system is moving fast for a change even though the processing date on the CIS web site hasnt budged from 1/3/2003. My submission date was 7/16/2003.

Good luck to all who are looking to make a honest and peaceful life in Good Ole US of A.

Peace...
    SmthgRnthg

Hi,

I have been reading the postings on this board for sometime now. I appreciate the helpfulness of some of the posters. Thought I will post the good news for those who are anxiously awaiting a decision from VSC on their i-751 application.

Today (5/17) I received a typed letter from DHS informing me that my pending application for removal of condition on my permanent residence has been approved. It also provides the usual directions about going to the local office with photos and passport etc to apply for new I-551.

Well, what a relief, I did not expect to hear from VSC for almost another year. I feel so relieved. Here is my time line:

- Married April: 2001
    - Applied for i-485: April 2001 (Marraige based)
    - AOS interview and i-485 approval: 10/16/2001
    - Submitted i-751" 7/16/2003
    - Received approval for i-751: 5/17/2004.

So I am all psyched up, off to N-400 in July

For those interested to know. My wife and I have been living together for over 4 years before getting married. We submitted our joint tax returns, joint home ownership papers, joint bank account papers, joint benefits etc papers. Did not send a letter from friends\relatives. Took pictures of family andtravel together.

So there it is, I was not in the least concerned about proving bona fida. Just tired and anxious of waiting. But I guess the system is moving fast for a change even though the processing date on the CIS web site hasnt budged from 1/3/2003. My submission date was 7/16/2003.

Good luck to all who are looking to make a honest and peaceful life in Good Ole US of A.

Peace...
    SmthgRnthg

smthgrnthg:

Congratulations!!!!! Thank you very much for coming to the board to post your timeline. That was very kind and we all the I-751's applicants that are waiting for adjudication on our petitions.

That is a big step. Congratulations...

ARQU

Arqu:

With this and Paddy's approval that go as far as June/July 2003...I hope that we'll see a great advance in the next VSC processing times.

Have you tried placing a referral on the status of your case through the 1-800 number?

Thanx Y'all for the kind words.

I suppose since this forum has been my only source of information on immigration related issues and first-hand experiences. USCIS does not help assauge the anxieties of applicants waiting to hear the verdic on their course of rest of their lives. So forums like these provide invaluable service and support. I was morally obliged to share the news of the outcome of my application.

Keep up the good work and lets avoid the pissing contests, wounds of words are much harder to heal.

To all the applicants awaiting decision, keep the faith and a positive outlook. Looks like there is definitely improvement in the processing speed at VSC.

Aguila...

Not yet. I have been putting off making inquiries but I think that it is time to start asking the questions.. I really don't want to know the answers though...

I think I will keep an eye on the mailbox for one more week then start phoning....

One thing has me thinking - if VSC doens't consider the applciation a 'slam dunk', it will then forward it to the district office who, in turn, determines if they want to interview the applicant of not. Perhaps that is why we are so many months behind these guys - it could be that our cases have been sent to the districts for further 'determination'.

One way or another - it is time to find out. I simply can't keep this up anymore - it is eating me alive.

ARQU

ARQU, once again, what's your receipt date?