free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H1b Quota for 2007 for Graduate Students

I have found out recently that the H1b quota for 2007 has already been reached. I have graduated with a Masters degree and I know that there is a different quota for this category, approx 20,000 visas. Does anyone know whether this quota has been reached already and if not, what is the status of it?

thanks a lot!

I have found out recently that the H1b quota for 2007 has already been reached. I have graduated with a Masters degree and I know that there is a different quota for this category, approx 20,000 visas. Does anyone know whether this quota has been reached already and if not, what is the status of it?

thanks a lot!

this quota is still open and probably take soeme time to fill. But my advise to you dont count on it. File your case ASAP. According USCIS there is only one center in Vermont and they are competely swamped so hurry up dont delay. Good Luck

Assa, thanks for your reply. I spoke with a lawyer and he told me that USCIS has already received and adjudicated a little over 10,000 H-1b petitions filed on behalf of US masters graduates.

You welcome.

I filed my case almost a month ago in advance degree option case. My lawyer email me 2 days ago that USCIS has recieved my case but they are unable to tell the exact status of my case. So my advise to you just be patient and Good Luck. Because this year USCIS is so much distracted with current cap. So again we say good luck to each other and hope there should be no further delay or hassles in process.

Someone12
    why aren't you returning to your own country,as you promised when you got your student visas? Why? Because you never had the intention of doing so...you just made up lies to get the visa. I hope all your relatives have a wonderful time in their countries, knowing that their lying brother/sister or whatever has ruined their chances of getting to go to the US.
    What is wrong with keeping your word? Or is that something that does not exist in your culture?

You should consult good immigration attorney and never rely on advise of anyone on this board.

At very worst do your own research and reading and rely on your own judgement.

Good luck,

IE

hi friends..i have a question...I have finished my course work for my masters in spring 2007. I will get my master degree certificate in sep 10 2007. Can I apply for H-1 in masters quota?

yes if you have an employer and a job offer for a H-1B position you must start making the file rigth now and apply as soon as you can to be sure that you can get a H1B visa for this category.

Allready now is a strage an unusual situation with the Cap for H-1B beeing reached in only 2 DAYS,(April 2nd and 3rd) over 150,000 petitions filed in 3 days for only aprox. 48,000 visas for FY 2008.

All the best!

www. USImmigrationForAll.com
    Frank G. Becker & Associates
    www.USImmigrationForAll.com

RIGHT ON SOMEONE 12!!! I can't put it better myself.
    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD