Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Screw U.

'To be or not to be Educated, that's the question.'

Ladies and Roughmen:

Here comes a chapter from the book written by very wise man.
    If you buy, read and most importantly COMPREHEND his book, I am sure it will help you in many instances of your life.

Below is the short review and fragments of Chapter 7 of the same book.

Enjoy,

E.

Short review:

To Be Or Not To Be Intimidated?
    That is the Question.
    Robert Ringer
    To Be or Not to Be Intimidated? is the completely rewritten and updated version of Winning through Intimidation, the landmark New York Times #1 bestseller that has dramatically impacted the lives of millions of people worldwide. Because human nature remains constant through the ages, the book's principles and philosophy are even more relevant today than when they were originally published.
    In the 1970s, this classic created a firestorm among critics, who relentlessly mischaracterized it as a guide to getting ahead by intimidating others. Readers, however, quickly discovered that it was really a book about how to defend yourself against intimidating people. The intimidator in someone's life at any given time might be a deal-killing attorney, overbearing boss or supervisor, annoying co-worker, petty bureaucrat, unreasonable client, or unscrupulous competitor.
    Now the timeless message of To Be or Not to Be Intimidated? can be applied to the problems of a whole new generation of people who are struggling to make sense out of today's world of chaos and uncertainty. The book explains, in candid terms, what intimidation is, why you become intimidated, and how you can avoid the mental lapses that can cause even the most successful people to sometimes fall victim to intimidation.
    Robert Ringer, whose works include such bestsellers as Looking Out for #1 and Million Dollar Habits, has appeared on numerous national talk shows, including The Tonight Show, Today, Good Morning America, The Charlie Rose Show, and ABC News Nightline, and has been featured in such publications as Time, People, the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Barrons', and the New York Times.
    Business/Self-Help | 246 Pages | 6 x 9 | 20 b&w line drawings | Carton qty: 42 | 1-59077-035-8 | $16.95 pb | M. Evans Rights: All

[quote]

Chapter 7

Type number two isn't sorry that he grabbed your chips, because-in spite of his assurances to the contrary-that was his intention from the outset.

Given that a Type Number One is easy to spot, there's no excuse for not learning how to defend yourself against him. And a Type Number Three, because of his sincerity and easygoing manner, can usually be made to behave by simply confronting him with the proper legal tools. But being trapped in a cage with a Type Number Twos, your progress in the Businessworld jungle will be painstakingly slow-and unpleasant.

When a Type Number Two performs chip-replacement surgery on your wallet, all he is saying to you is: I meant from the outset to cut off your fingers when you reached for your chips, even though I had assured you that that was not my intention.

A Type Number Two is treacherous, not only because he is hard to recognize, but because he's a meat eater-in fact , the most vicious of all carnivores. To put it in perspective, think of it this way: A Type Number Two is to the Businessworld jungle as Tyrannosaurus Rex is to Jurassic Park. Because he's cunning , a Type Number Two can sometimes be mistaken for either a Type Number One or Type Number Three. Deviousness is his stock in trade.

It was not until I had completed Anti-Deceit Measures 401 with my Type Number Two professor that I was prepared to graduate from Screw U. Not that I had never encountered a Type Number Two before. It's just that in the past I had failed to recognize members of his cannibal sect for what they really were, let alone study their sinister methods.

Like his fellow faculty members, Types # 1 and #3 , my Type # 2 professor at Screw U. was not only a perfect model of his species, but a great teacher as well. He was co-owner of an apartment-development company that had built a significant number of large apartment projects in the Midwest and on the East Coast. My initial contact with him came about as a result of making cold calls in an effort to solicit new second-mortgage deals. He expressed an immediate interest in meeting with me, and I made an appointment to come visit him.

When I went to his office for face-to-face discussion, I was impressed to the point of being in awe. My Type # 2 professor spent an inordinate amount of time expounding on the virtues of dealing only with people who possessed buckets of integrity and the highest ethical standards-like himself, for example-an almost sure sign that the person with whom you are speaking is a rapist, murderer, or, worst of all, an unethical real estate developer. To boot, he casually tossed around the names of a sampling of competitors as examples of people whom he considered to be of questionable repute.

Talk about holier than thou, my new mentor was in a class by himself. And talk about gullible...... [end quote}

To be continued on next post.

'To be or not to be Educated, that's the question.'

Ladies and Roughmen:

Here comes a chapter from the book written by very wise man.
    If you buy, read and most importantly COMPREHEND his book, I am sure it will help you in many instances of your life.

Below is the short review and fragments of Chapter 7 of the same book.

Enjoy,

E.

Short review:

To Be Or Not To Be Intimidated?
    That is the Question.
    Robert Ringer
    To Be or Not to Be Intimidated? is the completely rewritten and updated version of Winning through Intimidation, the landmark New York Times #1 bestseller that has dramatically impacted the lives of millions of people worldwide. Because human nature remains constant through the ages, the book's principles and philosophy are even more relevant today than when they were originally published.
    In the 1970s, this classic created a firestorm among critics, who relentlessly mischaracterized it as a guide to getting ahead by intimidating others. Readers, however, quickly discovered that it was really a book about how to defend yourself against intimidating people. The intimidator in someone's life at any given time might be a deal-killing attorney, overbearing boss or supervisor, annoying co-worker, petty bureaucrat, unreasonable client, or unscrupulous competitor.
    Now the timeless message of To Be or Not to Be Intimidated? can be applied to the problems of a whole new generation of people who are struggling to make sense out of today's world of chaos and uncertainty. The book explains, in candid terms, what intimidation is, why you become intimidated, and how you can avoid the mental lapses that can cause even the most successful people to sometimes fall victim to intimidation.
    Robert Ringer, whose works include such bestsellers as Looking Out for #1 and Million Dollar Habits, has appeared on numerous national talk shows, including The Tonight Show, Today, Good Morning America, The Charlie Rose Show, and ABC News Nightline, and has been featured in such publications as Time, People, the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Barrons', and the New York Times.
    Business/Self-Help | 246 Pages | 6 x 9 | 20 b&w line drawings | Carton qty: 42 | 1-59077-035-8 | $16.95 pb | M. Evans Rights: All

[quote]

Chapter 7

Type number two isn't sorry that he grabbed your chips, because-in spite of his assurances to the contrary-that was his intention from the outset.

Given that a Type Number One is easy to spot, there's no excuse for not learning how to defend yourself against him. And a Type Number Three, because of his sincerity and easygoing manner, can usually be made to behave by simply confronting him with the proper legal tools. But being trapped in a cage with a Type Number Twos, your progress in the Businessworld jungle will be painstakingly slow-and unpleasant.

When a Type Number Two performs chip-replacement surgery on your wallet, all he is saying to you is: I meant from the outset to cut off your fingers when you reached for your chips, even though I had assured you that that was not my intention.

A Type Number Two is treacherous, not only because he is hard to recognize, but because he's a meat eater-in fact , the most vicious of all carnivores. To put it in perspective, think of it this way: A Type Number Two is to the Businessworld jungle as Tyrannosaurus Rex is to Jurassic Park. Because he's cunning , a Type Number Two can sometimes be mistaken for either a Type Number One or Type Number Three. Deviousness is his stock in trade.

It was not until I had completed Anti-Deceit Measures 401 with my Type Number Two professor that I was prepared to graduate from Screw U. Not that I had never encountered a Type Number Two before. It's just that in the past I had failed to recognize members of his cannibal sect for what they really were, let alone study their sinister methods.

Like his fellow faculty members, Types # 1 and #3 , my Type # 2 professor at Screw U. was not only a perfect model of his species, but a great teacher as well. He was co-owner of an apartment-development company that had built a significant number of large apartment projects in the Midwest and on the East Coast. My initial contact with him came about as a result of making cold calls in an effort to solicit new second-mortgage deals. He expressed an immediate interest in meeting with me, and I made an appointment to come visit him.

When I went to his office for face-to-face discussion, I was impressed to the point of being in awe. My Type # 2 professor spent an inordinate amount of time expounding on the virtues of dealing only with people who possessed buckets of integrity and the highest ethical standards-like himself, for example-an almost sure sign that the person with whom you are speaking is a rapist, murderer, or, worst of all, an unethical real estate developer. To boot, he casually tossed around the names of a sampling of competitors as examples of people whom he considered to be of questionable repute.

Talk about holier than thou, my new mentor was in a class by himself. And talk about gullible...... [end quote}

To be continued on next post.