50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: tranfer of file to local INS office

I am currently in US on H4 visa with priority date of october 90. I have received an intimation from NVC asking me my preference between AOS and consular processing. I have chosen AOS. I called the NVC and they said that I have to contact the local INS office for getting the file tranferred. The priority date as per the bulletin is July 90. But the automated message in NVC for my case number says that my priority date is current. Should I wait for the visa bulletin to show october 90 to talk to the local INS.
    Gurus please guide me.

I am currently in US on H4 visa with priority date of october 90. I have received an intimation from NVC asking me my preference between AOS and consular processing. I have chosen AOS. I called the NVC and they said that I have to contact the local INS office for getting the file tranferred. The priority date as per the bulletin is July 90. But the automated message in NVC for my case number says that my priority date is current. Should I wait for the visa bulletin to show october 90 to talk to the local INS.
    Gurus please guide me.

That is a standard response of NVC if they know you have US address,AOS or consular.Since tour case is current all you have to do is check the Service Center where you fall.Note, however, it is not the local office it is the service center where you fall.If in Western area, it is at Laguna Niguel office.Be sure to have a photocopy of this NVC letter and file the AOS (I-485)
    at the soonest possible time.
    You don't have to bring anything about the priority date to show to anybody at the INS.They have a copy of everything you have and perhaps you might just offend them.Best of luck!