50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: chi marriage interview done

I'm very happy to report that my iterview was a breze.

It was conducted in a very professional and polite manner and without any fricion what so ever.

The key for us was being prepared, over prepared, I mean way overprepared, then neatly organized, and efficient.

We had all requested docs with us, all of their copies and they were all organized in a big folder for quick retrieval and presentation.

The interviewer and I were exchanging papers as if we worked together in that place for a while .. no hickups at all.

The whole process was impressive too. Arrived 30 minutes earlier into the main waiting room, in about 5 minutes redirected to the interview waiting room, about 15 minutes later asked in.

Iterview consisted of two phases: data verification and bona fides.

ID's, passports, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, parents info, entry visa and I-94, current EAD and parole doc.

Marriage cert, joint taxes, joint accounts, insurance, bank accounts, copies of checks, checkbooks, credit cards and that was about 30% of my folder and our nice inerviewer gave up.

Then she asked about the marriage and pictures if any. We plan for a marriage ceremony back at home this summer and she was a little thrown off when my wife said that and she stuttered while getting it out of her mouth. But when I jumped in with our airline itinerary and honeymoon reservations, I could already see her reaching for the stamp. But instead she asked for pictures and my wife nailed that going page through page and telling her about all those trips we took.

She was convinced.

In short be prepared, organized, and efficient. Trust me you'll make it a lot more pleasurable for yourself.

Thanks to the forum for all the info and support!

I'm very happy to report that my iterview was a breze.

It was conducted in a very professional and polite manner and without any fricion what so ever.

The key for us was being prepared, over prepared, I mean way overprepared, then neatly organized, and efficient.

We had all requested docs with us, all of their copies and they were all organized in a big folder for quick retrieval and presentation.

The interviewer and I were exchanging papers as if we worked together in that place for a while .. no hickups at all.

The whole process was impressive too. Arrived 30 minutes earlier into the main waiting room, in about 5 minutes redirected to the interview waiting room, about 15 minutes later asked in.

Iterview consisted of two phases: data verification and bona fides.

ID's, passports, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, parents info, entry visa and I-94, current EAD and parole doc.

Marriage cert, joint taxes, joint accounts, insurance, bank accounts, copies of checks, checkbooks, credit cards and that was about 30% of my folder and our nice inerviewer gave up.

Then she asked about the marriage and pictures if any. We plan for a marriage ceremony back at home this summer and she was a little thrown off when my wife said that and she stuttered while getting it out of her mouth. But when I jumped in with our airline itinerary and honeymoon reservations, I could already see her reaching for the stamp. But instead she asked for pictures and my wife nailed that going page through page and telling her about all those trips we took.

She was convinced.

In short be prepared, organized, and efficient. Trust me you'll make it a lot more pleasurable for yourself.

Thanks to the forum for all the info and support!