free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give your opinion

Everybody knows when an international student comes to USA is not supposed to work out of campus. I know two international students who study in one of the universities in Texas, one from Pakistan and one from Morocco. They both work illegaly , payed cash and of course breaking the law. The interesting thing is that this thing is very common among international muslum students. Why? Because most of the small business are run from Pakistani, or East Indians. Most of the gas stations in Texas are run from Pakistani people. A real example is , just in one gas station and in one of the kiosks in the mall you see these students payed under the table. When we discuss about illegal immigrants coming to USA, how about those who legally for a better education this country gives them, and they break up the law. So, in such situation both parties are breaking up the law. My opinoin is they should be cought and send back. Why? This is an educated generation who should be an example for others.

Everybody knows when an international student comes to USA is not supposed to work out of campus. I know two international students who study in one of the universities in Texas, one from Pakistan and one from Morocco. They both work illegaly , payed cash and of course breaking the law. The interesting thing is that this thing is very common among international muslum students. Why? Because most of the small business are run from Pakistani, or East Indians. Most of the gas stations in Texas are run from Pakistani people. A real example is , just in one gas station and in one of the kiosks in the mall you see these students payed under the table. When we discuss about illegal immigrants coming to USA, how about those who legally for a better education this country gives them, and they break up the law. So, in such situation both parties are breaking up the law. My opinoin is they should be cought and send back. Why? This is an educated generation who should be an example for others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inspector45:
    Everybody knows when an international student comes to USA is not supposed to work out of campus. I know two international students who study in one of the universities in Texas, one from Pakistan and one from Morocco. They both work illegaly , payed cash and of course breaking the law. The interesting thing is that this thing is very common among international muslum students. Why? Because most of the small business are run from Pakistani, or East Indians. Most of the gas stations in Texas are run from Pakistani people. A real example is , just in one gas station and in one of the kiosks in the mall you see these students payed under the table. When we discuss about illegal immigrants coming to USA, how about those who legally for a better education this country gives them, and they break up the law. So, in such situation both parties are breaking up the law. My opinoin is they should be cought and send back. Why? This is an educated generation who should be an example for others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The general rule that the international student does work on campus, however, there are exceptions too. One exception is one can get the EAD and work off campus. Other exceptions are the internships and cooperative programs that schools have. These are considered on campus jobs, BTW. Then you have the income tax treaties which USCIS gives permission to work on or off campus as long as that tax treaty income is not breached. The students are already paying the full cost of the education beyond your subsidized arse. And just because an international student is working off campus is not to automatically mean they are working illegally either. Just as you are going to college will not mean you will get an education.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Hudson, I do not agree with you. Why? In Texas the law for an international student is to work in the university campus. This is the reason they are given the employment authorization. We are not talking about internships. There is no law in the USA till now as fas as I know that an international student can work out of the campus. I do not know if there is any in USA. Can you name it is so? If these studnets are cought INS sends them back. Read the form when the international student fill out the form and in one of the questions is he/she has not the right to work out of campus. The when you have OPT this is another issue. I still the majority of interantional students work illegally out of campus getting paied under the table and this is a fact.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inspector45:
    The interesting thing is that this thing is very common among international muslum students. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is discrimination. You should have written "International students" instead of "International Muslim Students" think it over. Do you think only Muslims work illegally?

Hudson, I do not agree with you. Why? In Texas the law for an international student is to work in the university campus. This is the reason they are given the employment authorization. We are not talking about internships. There is no law in the USA till now as fas as I know that an international student can work out of the campus. I do not know if there is any in USA. Can you name it is so? If these studnets are cought INS sends them back. Read the form when the international student fill out the form and in one of the questions is he/she has not the right to work out of campus. The when you have OPT this is another issue. I still the majority of interantional students work illegally out of campus getting paied under the table and this is a fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Texas law coincides with immigration law, Inspector. Again, the person or persons in question may have an EAD, which will authorize them to work off campus. Or in certain cases, off campus work is considered on campus. Internships and cooperative programs are only two examples, but they are not the only ones. Universities may have off campus facilities which an international student can work. I did work for a university that owned a convenience store, a couple of restaurants, and a hotel. Then you have an "international student" married to a USC even though the student still has the F1 or J1 visa. But you are assuming too much. If you want, you can go to the international office of student affairs and give them your concerns. But what you are giving me is a gross over generalization of some facts. If you accuse someone or persons and the facts are simply not true, they do have a right to sue you and your parents. And the reason was "but I thought you were illegal" will not work. If the accusation is racially based, the university will ask you to leave. Educational institutions have a zero tolerance on racial hatred. A line has been drawn, Inspector. Either show exact proof or go to jail. The choice is yours.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Hudson, I do not agree with you. Why? In Texas the law for an international student is to work in the university campus. This is the reason they are given the employment authorization. We are not talking about internships. There is no law in the USA till now as fas as I know that an international student can work out of the campus. I do not know if there is any in USA. Can you name it is so? If these studnets are cought INS sends them back. Read the form when the international student fill out the form and in one of the questions is he/she has not the right to work out of campus. The when you have OPT this is another issue. I still the majority of interantional students work illegally out of campus getting paied under the table and this is a fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is this an issue for you, inspector? You need to give them credit for being willing to work rather than resulting to some form of criminal activity to support themselves. How is this affecting your life? Or, as others have said, are you biased against Muslims? 9/11 was almost 6 years ago. Muslims living in this country took enough heat for this. It's time to let it go and move on. If you want to discuss immigration issues, please do it across the board and not single out by culture.

The receiving Nation has the ultimate right to decide who should and shouldn't work and/or stay here. Period.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
    The receiving Nation has the ultimate right to decide who should and shouldn't work and/or stay here. Period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That is not the point of this thread IE!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
    The receiving Nation has the ultimate right to decide who should and shouldn't work and/or stay here. Period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That is not the point of this thread IE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There must be something to aptly describe it, Hudson. Hmmm... wait a second... oh yeah, I got it! READING COMPREHENSION.