publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: When is the right time to make info pass appt. for GC xtension while waiting 4 I-751

Hello everybody,
    Just a quick question, I just recently filed my I-751(joint filing) with CSC and up to this time they are processing forms that were received 3/20/06, my GC is expiring 12/16/06, when do I make the infopass appt. to extend my greencard? I don't wanna let it expire and I won't be able to work, my husband is on a fix income and we need my income especially that Xmas season and our 2nd child's 1st b-day is also coming soon(we need the money for her party!) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone and hope you guys have a great day.

Hello everybody,
    Just a quick question, I just recently filed my I-751(joint filing) with CSC and up to this time they are processing forms that were received 3/20/06, my GC is expiring 12/16/06, when do I make the infopass appt. to extend my greencard? I don't wanna let it expire and I won't be able to work, my husband is on a fix income and we need my income especially that Xmas season and our 2nd child's 1st b-day is also coming soon(we need the money for her party!) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone and hope you guys have a great day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lexlee1213:
    Hello everybody,
    Just a quick question, I just recently filed my I-751(joint filing) with CSC and up to this time they are processing forms that were received 3/20/06, my GC is expiring 12/16/06, when do I make the infopass appt. to extend my greencard? I don't wanna let it expire and I won't be able to work, my husband is on a fix income and we need my income especially that Xmas season and our 2nd child's 1st b-day is also coming soon(we need the money for her party!) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone and hope you guys have a great day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless procedures have changed recently (that I am not aware of), a NOA will be mailed to you extending it (work authorisation and travel) for another year. If it doesn't show up shortly, then I'd schedule an Infopass to track it down.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

thanks a lot Lolita and Sappy, I don't have a NOA yet that's why I did not know if it is automatically extended, I have been looking for that info from the USCIS website but I couldn't find it. Anyways, glad to hear that I don't have to do anything at this time but to wait for my NOA. Hope you guys have a great day and I appreciate your input.

What you will receieve basically is a cover letter of 797 i think that only says "
    You green card has been extended for 12 months...thats it.

Which basically means,you green card is valid for another full year,under the same privilege.