free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about I-140 & I-485

Thank you Brozelady to letme know concurrently filed application i.e. I-140 & I-485 will be adjusted together only. But I want to know one more thing, at present vermont center is processing February 15th 2002 application for I-485, That means I have to wait another 2-3 years to get my status adjusted. It is employment based. Is this true? Oh my God

Thanks
    Therez

Thank you Brozelady to letme know concurrently filed application i.e. I-140 & I-485 will be adjusted together only. But I want to know one more thing, at present vermont center is processing February 15th 2002 application for I-485, That means I have to wait another 2-3 years to get my status adjusted. It is employment based. Is this true? Oh my God

Thanks
    Therez

this 485 is just not moving ... they are completely stopped ...
    Its been 15 months for me ... 140 got approved in little less than a year ... but this 485 ... i do not know how and when its gonna happen ...

It's been 2 1/2 years for my employment based 1-485 have just applied for my 3rd EAD.

From your posting, I understand that some got your I-I40 first. MIne was file concurrent. I got an information I will get adjusted together. Not separately. If so I have to another 2 + years. What a long wait. Will I have that much patience?. I am filed under employment based.

Any suggestions or any helpful posting please help me undated.

Thanks.
    Therez

hi Therez, I filed my i-240, i-485, i-765 concurrently,i-240 approved after 100 days of filing , got my EAD after 190 days(due to rfe's), fingerprinted(required for adjustment of status) 190 days after i-240 approval and now its been 90 days passed since fingerprinting and hear nothing yet. base on this schedule waiting time for us would be + or - 3 years. All I can tell you is that it is worth the wait, listen, people around the world will do anything just be here legally or even illegally, sacrificing families, monies and lives just to be here, we are blessed that we are given this chance, so have patience.

I have a general question regarding this:

Is it possible to file just the i140, and then (after approval) apply for an immigrant visa in the US consulate in my home country? I would assume this would significantly cut the waiting time, but does it also mean I would have to stay out of the US while application is processed in the consulate? Or will I be able to come back here on the H1-B, and then just fly back to the home country for the interview once processing is completed?

Thanks in advance.

Even Though I concurrently filed my application and the receipt date is Augu 27, for I-140, I did not receive any reply from the BCIS asking for any other evidence from my employer, and now they are processing October 14th. I am little worried, do they process I-140 application now and adjudicated together with I-485. Any has any info. about this please.

Thanks.

Thank you al_2003 for your encouragement. I need it sometimes. I have a sone back in my homeland. He is going to be 21 years in 2004 April. We added his name also with our application. I did not see him for the last 6 years. I am almost everyday in tears when I think about him. So I was curious if I get any reply about I-140 may be I can be assured that he will be also here when we adjudicated. We filed under 245 (i). May be someone will understand what I am going through.

Thanks

pls give me reply, if anyone who knows in this kind of situation.

Thanks
    Therez