free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INS & IRS relationship

Does anyone know about INS and IRS relationship. When an employer hires someone and sends the new employee's I9 and W2 to IRS, could IRS contact INS for verification on this individual' s employment status? I would truly appreciate f you could tell me where i could find some info on the subject.

thank you

Does anyone know about INS and IRS relationship. When an employer hires someone and sends the new employee's I9 and W2 to IRS, could IRS contact INS for verification on this individual' s employment status? I would truly appreciate f you could tell me where i could find some info on the subject.

thank you

I-9 is kept in file of employer for 3 years or so (Federal requirement) and is not being sent to IRS.
    IRS usually doesn't contact INS to verify anything, but verifies SS# on tax form against the info on it's database (whether the name and number matches, whether person is authorised to work or has 'not valid for work' annotation on SS card and etc.)

thank you for your help. i have another question if you don't mind.In case the name and number don't match, the person is not authorised to work or has 'not valid for work' annotation on SS card and etc.) What is IRS procedure?

Why do you need to know this informaton?

Are you an employer that is seeking information. As an employee, why is this type of information relative to you.

Are you looking for information to try to circumvent or get over on the system that is currently in place. If so.. this forum is not to provide you with information to be used like that. You dont have a need to know.

none of the above. my aunt and have been disagreeing on immigration and naturalization laws. i am trying to find out who is right.

i hope it makes it ok then to post.

PS. my aunt is an american citizen. i have a green card, currently applying for citizenship. i moved from france over twenty years. voila

ok I understand

Unfortunately, I feel I have to be responsible when it comes to supplying certain types of information. Just because A poster knows information.. they have to weigh if that information should be shared over a public forum. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Do some research online or ask your employer what the procedure is.

i too understand.

my aunt is my employer. anyway, this conversation is going in circles in my opinion. so let's end it right there.

IRS and INS (now CIS) are the worst government agencies.
    It's hard to deal with them. They are rude. You can mess with any other agency but not the above two agencies.

At present, IRS and INS don't cross reference. Each has its own function and don't care about the other. IRS only cares about taxes and collect payment from you whether you're legal or illegal. INS is all about immigration only. But in the near future given the ant-immigrant of this Bush government, IRS and INS would most likely work hand and hand and flush out illegal aliens who work illegally.