50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help

I am a U.S citizen and I am married to a mexican citizen, we have a 3 year old daughter together. He did enter the U.S illegally 10 years ago. We have just filed a I-130 and will get a lawyer once that is approved. But I have been told that he will be sent back to Mexico and stands a chance of being barred from the U.S for 2-8 years. Does anyone out here know anything????????? I would appreciate any knowledge and/or info PLEASE

I am a U.S citizen and I am married to a mexican citizen, we have a 3 year old daughter together. He did enter the U.S illegally 10 years ago. We have just filed a I-130 and will get a lawyer once that is approved. But I have been told that he will be sent back to Mexico and stands a chance of being barred from the U.S for 2-8 years. Does anyone out here know anything????????? I would appreciate any knowledge and/or info PLEASE
    Trying to learn...

Dalla, I think this is when the I-601 waiver comes into play. You might want to do a search for that waiver as a lot of people have been dealing with that. From what I've read they seem to have a lot of success dealing with Mexico...

As it stands right now your hubby has accured the 10 year bar. BUT all hope is not lost. What will happen is your I -130 will be processed, then he will receive an interview at Juarez at which he will then be denied and the bar placed into effect. You will then have to file 601, waiver to remove the bar. This takes about a year. He will have to remain in Mexico until it is approved. My hubby too, was an EWI. There is no real reason to hire a lawyer there are thousands that can help you free that are in the same situation. Feel free to e-mail me at reina90@juno.com also visit immigrate2us.net for the best info on EWI's

Glad you were around to post reina :-) I only know what I've read about in regards to that waiver.

Do you think if the Presidents proposal goes thru, Do you think this will help us in anyway to keep him here working , meanwhile continue filing for his residency????
    Trying to learn...

Still Learning,
    I'm usually in bed by now.. I don't know a whole lot about the waiver, like you, what I have read, but having had an EWI hubby at one time, I stayed up on all routes just in case. We were lucky! VERY lucky.

Dalla,
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. Never know what could happen, but.... If by any chance your petition is still pending and the president does pass something then you would be able to use your I-130 on grounds to file for his green card. Most important thing right now is to remember to keep strong, and do not let him leave until he is called for an interview. The only thing I have heard MAY pass is the guestworker program, and if I'm not mistaken it will not help those who are here already illegally nor will it allow any of them to apply for green cards. We used the GA office and I know they are the slowest so maybe you will have a chance at the president passing another form of 245(i)

I sent my paper work to California. I know only one other girl that her husband had to return to Mexico but the lawyer got him back within 8 months but I guess it depends on the case.
    Trying to learn...

As it stands now, he will HAVE to return to Mexico for his interview at which time he will be denied and given the bar. MANY MANY couples are dealing with this same situation. immigrate2us.net is a really helpful site on this subject and everyone there is sooo helpful and friendly.. Crazy gals.. I am off to sleepy land feel free to e-mail if you like, will return it in the morning.

dalla
    www.immigrate2us.net has a forum that is just about filing the I-601 waiver. I recommend you check that one out for more information
    good luck with everything :-)