Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to provide origional court documents

I have a question to anyone whwho has been in a similar situation:

I am a wife of an American Citizen who already had the final consular interview. Was issued a 221g - need to obtain origional court documents

About 14 years ago at age 19 someone I with stole something and I stuipidy took the blame becuase I didn't have record. I got a conditional discharge for it. The consular officer wants the origional court documents but after 4 months of searching the archives the court issued a certified letter stating that no record exsists, that offenced proceded by summary conviction are only held 7 years then records are destoryed.

The RCMP issued me a fingerprint based police clearance showing no criminal record, which makes sense, given that a conditional discharge is considered a non-criminal record and all records are purged from the system and fingerprints are destroyed after 3 years eith good behavior.

I sent these documents to the consulate and am waiting a reply. But i am absolutely beside myself waiting for a response.

I jsut wonder if the consular will be able to use the fact that there is no criminal record and no availalbe court document to show him to allow me entry. I wonder if he will be able to conclude that it must have been a "petty offece" given the court stated if it was an idictable offence they would keep records for 40 years.

I don't know...I guess I'm just looking for what anyone thinks about what the outcome would be.

Anxiously waiting

Sorry, but we do not help criminals here. Thank you, please leave our great country.

How did immigration find out about this old record?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    Sorry, but we do not help criminals here. Thank you, please leave our great country.
    Don't listen to SOM he is the greatest idiot living.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Originally posted by canadian_girl75:
    I have a question to anyone whwho has been in a similar situation:

I am a wife of an American Citizen who already had the final consular interview. Was issued a 221g - need to obtain origional court documents

About 14 years ago at age 19 someone I with stole something and I stuipidy took the blame becuase I didn't have record. I got a conditional discharge for it. The consular officer wants the origional court documents but after 4 months of searching the archives the court issued a certified letter stating that no record exsists, that offenced proceded by summary conviction are only held 7 years then records are destoryed.

The RCMP issued me a fingerprint based police clearance showing no criminal record, which makes sense, given that a conditional discharge is considered a non-criminal record and all records are purged from the system and fingerprints are destroyed after 3 years eith good behavior.

I sent these documents to the consulate and am waiting a reply. But i am absolutely beside myself waiting for a response.

I jsut wonder if the consular will be able to use the fact that there is no criminal record and no availalbe court document to show him to allow me entry. I wonder if he will be able to conclude that it must have been a "petty offece" given the court stated if it was an idictable offence they would keep records for 40 years.

I don't know...I guess I'm just looking for what anyone thinks about what the outcome would be.

Anxiously waiting
    It should not be a problem. When did you send the documents taht the consular office requested?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

To answer a few questions

a) Don't worry, I'm not listening to the rude person SOM infact I already chose to ignore him and reported his comment. He has no idea who I am as person anyway. Thanks for the support

b) The consulate is aware becuase I was honest I told the consulate exactly what happened. Didn't want to have to look over my shouder and I have nothing to hide. It was a simple honest mistake as a young girl and I have achieved a lot in my life and stayed out of trouble so I figured that would help.

C)Hudson - I sent in the final documentation on Thursday last week and recieved delivery confirmation for Friday with the courier servie. Response time is supposed to be 7-10 days which would be end of next week. Origional consulate interview was October 2008 so I am still within the timeframe.

Just hoping it will be enough!!!

SonofMichael

If you as so American why not do something better with your life than be the Judge and the jury, what your little brain forget is that American is based on immigrants,If your great grand father or your fore fathers did not come to America, can you call yourself an American, you are no differnce from Rush Limbough,You can not even support President Obama cos he is Black guess you are still look for a black man to clean,wash, cook and drive you.
    This site is set up to give advice to immigrants and also assist american who are in distress what you do here make no sense.
    Grow up and face the facts of life, it can be you soon heading to china or Mexico to work when you lose you job, or someone in your family then what ?
    Michael O

Don't listen to SOM he is the greatest idiot living.
    And some of us wish he wasn't living
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Originally posted by SonofMichael:

Please...we got them here just as much as anywhere else. *****.