Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wife wants to deport me

hello everyone i am new here and i need some advice,
    i have been in the USA for about five years now and i have a ten year green card,
    shortly before i received my tygc i split up with my wife
    we had already filed for the card before we split up but the immigration people wanted additional evidence etc,
    my wife agreed to give me all the supporting evidence, i sent it off and got my card,
    now we have been split up for over a year now
    i have been supporting her financially during this time
    but i now want to move on with my life ,
    i have asked her for a divorce and she has told me that if i divorce her or stop supporting her financially she will inform immigration that it was a sham marriage and she will have me deported,
    can she do this ? and if so what are my options?
    please help, this is driving me crazy

hello everyone i am new here and i need some advice,
    i have been in the USA for about five years now and i have a ten year green card,
    shortly before i received my tygc i split up with my wife
    we had already filed for the card before we split up but the immigration people wanted additional evidence etc,
    my wife agreed to give me all the supporting evidence, i sent it off and got my card,
    now we have been split up for over a year now
    i have been supporting her financially during this time
    but i now want to move on with my life ,
    i have asked her for a divorce and she has told me that if i divorce her or stop supporting her financially she will inform immigration that it was a sham marriage and she will have me deported,
    can she do this ? and if so what are my options?
    please help, this is driving me crazy

i agree with davdah there is nothing her or the uscis can do about it. once u get your 10 years card not even bush can deport u if u didnt break the law ok. move on in your life and dont listen to her threats anymore. uscis wont give someone a PGC unless they know 100% that there is no fraud fraud involved , so i wont really worry about it that much , and thats why they give the 2 years first to spot those fraud cases , they approved yours so dont worry about it , and remember, she sighned the joint i-751 application , so if she open her mouth she will be in trouble first ,so dont worry there is nothing her/them they can do about this . good luck

Hello Brit151

Hmmm...
    The $64,000 question is does she have proof? It sounds like there may be some merit if you have been financially been supporting her ...for what reason other than co-opertion for the card.

I would not get comfortable if I were you unless you know she does not have the proof that could have uscis withdraw your card for fraud.

4now, remember she can only claim fraud if she was not aware of it before. If she knew for sometime she could well perjure herself.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    4now, remember she can only claim fraud if she was not aware of it before. If she knew for sometime she could well perjure herself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havent forgotten anything, It is not my first day. I am well aware of the law Sprint girl. If there is proof...there is smoke. if there is no proof... then it is all moot.

No need to be sarcastic 4now, you obviously read my post the wrong way.
    I merely pointed it out as it is important, regardless if there was fraud or not, and whether she could prove it or not.
    I don't think she would want to perjure herself saying she knew about it long ago.

My husband tried that one with me, as soon as they are told they could be in trouble too, they soon change their stories.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

It all comes down to what proof there is. The proof does not have to indicate her at all, therefore no liability on her part.

this is why I am asking the poster if she has proof. Until he answers, anything else is mere speculation.

thank you for all your replys people,
    my estranged wife has told me that she has at least five people that will testify that it was a sham marriage,
    but i believe these people are her family members and our joint friends, and they are the people that gave us supporting evidence that we were a true couple, i did not come to the US just to get here i had a good job and a great life in england before i left , i came here to be with her and i am so sorry things did not work out for us , but being here for five years now , my whole life is here and i dont want to leave, i get a little nervous over things like this and your constructive replys to my thread have helped, i think i need to talk to an immigration attorney concerning this matter, and if anyone knows of a good attorney in Kentucky could you give me his/her name,
    once again i thank you for all your help,
    you guys are the best

hi brit0151 , listen my friend dont worry about this ok , those 5 idiots will go to jail if they open their mouth bcoz first they wrote letters etc... about your marriage and now they will turn around and say it wasn't real. this is not possible ok dont worry about it, she sighned the i-751 and they gived u letters and they cann't just turn around and say oh sorry, i changed my mind and this guy is a fraud . u dont need a lawyer man ,dont worry unless if the uscis contact u regard this which iam almost positive they wont bcoz those guys r just trying to scare you