50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American vs. German washing machines?

I am in the market for a washing machine. Had a GE/Whirpool, for many years and would now like to find a new, but better one. Now, looking at all the new drum washers that have come onto the market a view years back, I am still not thrilled, because none of them feature their own heating coil. None...can't find one....none of the American washers seem to have that feature available.

German washers all have their own heating coils and are completely independent of the house boiler when it comes to heating the water.

There is of course Miele, but they are awfully expensive...like over $2000 for a washer? I don't know. Bosch and AEG only seem to distribute to the UK.

I am at my wits end....can someone help me? I never liked that I have to fire up the whole-house-hot water boiler just because I want to wash a load of laundry at a certain temperature.

“...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I am in the market for a washing machine. Had a GE/Whirpool, for many years and would now like to find a new, but better one. Now, looking at all the new drum washers that have come onto the market a view years back, I am still not thrilled, because none of them feature their own heating coil. None...can't find one....none of the American washers seem to have that feature available.

German washers all have their own heating coils and are completely independent of the house boiler when it comes to heating the water.

There is of course Miele, but they are awfully expensive...like over $2000 for a washer? I don't know. Bosch and AEG only seem to distribute to the UK.

I am at my wits end....can someone help me? I never liked that I have to fire up the whole-house-hot water boiler just because I want to wash a load of laundry at a certain temperature.

“...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

And people tell me I am off topic on this site.

LOL

A quick Google revealed Bosch available at Sears

Dunno if they have what you are looking for though.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    And people tell me I am off topic on this site.

LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never saw anybody complain that you were off topic Fed. You were just asked to confine all your posts to one thread to keep the board orderly.

Yes the board seems to be getting back to normal and let us all try to encourage it to remain that way.

@Koller and others

How about a thread that is called OFF TOPIC for a post such as this that does not have anything to do with immigration matters or questions.

There are already news threads, world news threads, immigration news threads available to
    members to post .

Let us all try to be helpful to new members and restore this board to the greatness that it once was. If we all can moderate/police ourselves to be responsible, then ILW will be even a better place for the future.

Let us all commit to keeping the board clear and free of personal and blog like threads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    LG are the best. LG are from South Korea.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">LG are the best. LG are from South Korea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also make good big screen TVs (LCD and plasma). My 50" is branded as a Toshiba but the screen part is actually an LG plasma. Great for watching movies on
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

4now, to do this we need a moderator. And, as all know, I have generously volunteered.

Yes, Fede would be a great moderator of this forum. Not!! You are so anti-immigrant, why are you here?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, Fede would be a great moderator of this forum. Not!! You are so anti-immigrant, why are you here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.