free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any info on IR2 visa or experience with NVC

My husband filed I-130 for my sons, which was approved by BCIS. I got a letter notifying me that the file would be sent to NVC and they would contact my boys with further instruction.I've been doing a lot of research on this issue and i'm just as confused as I was before. I'm just hoping some on this board had been in this situation and can give me some info and maybe an idea on how long of a waiting period am I looking at.
    Thanks in advance!!
    P.S they are considered IR2 and from all my research I know their case is current so they don't have to wait for a priority date.

My husband filed I-130 for my sons, which was approved by BCIS. I got a letter notifying me that the file would be sent to NVC and they would contact my boys with further instruction.I've been doing a lot of research on this issue and i'm just as confused as I was before. I'm just hoping some on this board had been in this situation and can give me some info and maybe an idea on how long of a waiting period am I looking at.
    Thanks in advance!!
    P.S they are considered IR2 and from all my research I know their case is current so they don't have to wait for a priority date.

NVC will send out information about 4-6 weeks after getting the files from USCIS. Eventually you will get notices to complete affidavits of support and pay for the immigrant visas. The files will be sent to the Consul overseas, interviews will be scheduled, and visas issues. If things go smoothly, expect the process to take 3 or 4 months. If there are complications...

When an applicant's priority date is close to becoming current, NVC will send an Affidavit of Support (I-864 form) processing fee bill to the petitioner and an Agent of Choice and Address (DS-3032) form to the applicant. Once the I-864 processing fee is paid, NVC will send the I-864 forms and instructions to the petitioner. Once NVC receives the form DS-3032 from the applicant, NVC will mail the Immigrant Visa (IV) fee bill to the agent of choice. Once the IV fee bill is paid, NVC will send the Instruction Packet of forms and information to the agent. The exact contents of the Instruction Packet will depend on where the applicant will be interviewed for a visa.

http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html

Immigrant visa application processing fee (per person), Form DS-230(IV fee bill).....................$335

Affidavit of Support Review (only when AOS is reviewed domestically), Form I-864(AOS Fee bill)......$65

An automated recorded message system can answer many of these inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week (603 334-0700).

Above number will tell you what is the next step and when you should expect DS 3032 form with AOS fee bill......I-864....IV fee bill.
    Whole process will take around 3 to 4 months and then case will go to overseas consulate depends on how is the workload over there. If I-864 is filled out with mistake then case will be delayed. It all depends on how accurate and fast you are. Good luck

vivek

How about if the beneficiary is in the US? and the NVC assumes the beneficiary is outside the country? can the beneficiary just file for AOS I485) without letting the NVC know he/she is in the country, since the BCIS deals with AOS.

Thanks

As far as I know keep everything informed to them and keep it as simple as possible. In that case petitioner can hold responsible for everything. Sooner or later then are going to know. Why you want to go for AOS since it will take more time to get green card. It is a good idea that beneficiary go back to country and get visa from there since AOS take according to NYC around more then 2 years.

Well, am in graduate school.... as an F1 student, going back to my country and going through the counselor processing will probably take months... which will eventually interupt my studies (which I dont want to do at this stage of school).

I am in Boston, if I file for AOS, it takes 6-8 months over here (not like NYC). In any case, I can tolerate the length of the AOS in the US, because I am student.. and by the time I get the GC, am still a student.

Is this feasible/ or would you still suggest I should leave to get it done through counselor processing?

Thanks

In that case I guess you better stay here and get things done. One suggestion, always tell them the truth about your status and stay in US and do not hide anything.

Well... I have nothing to hide. Except... a previous overstay (1 year), that I will keep my mouth shut about it. Unless they play hard-ball, which I would be bound to speak of it.

Other than that - expecting things to run smoothly, worrying won't help me. If I was ment to get into problems - then let it be. That's my philosophy in LIFE.

Thanks again.