50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help Please on my Receipt Number

Hi guys, I'm very new to this site but I've been reading most of the topics for the past 5 hours.

I have questions regarding my receipt number.
    I've been trying to search it on the USCIS site but been getting this ERROR:
    "Validation Error(s)
    You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
    * This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

I'm scheduled for Biometrics Code 3 on August 16.
    My husband and I used a lawyer to process my papers and the law office said that they submitted our applications on April but I just got my appointment notice after 4 months, is that accurate?

Please help me as I'm new to this stuff.

Btw, my husband filed for my citizenship.

I'd appreciate all your help.

Candice

Hi guys, I'm very new to this site but I've been reading most of the topics for the past 5 hours.

"Validation Error(s)

* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

I'm scheduled for Biometrics Code 3 on August 16.
    My husband and I used a lawyer to process my papers and the law office said that they submitted our applications on April but I just got my appointment notice after 4 months, is that accurate?

Please help me as I'm new to this stuff.

Btw, my husband filed for my citizenship.

I'd appreciate all your help.

Candice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi guys, I'm very new to this site but I've been reading most of the topics for the past 5 hours.

"Validation Error(s)

* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There could be various reasons for such message to appear:

1. Receipt Number you entered was incorrect (the most obvious and least likely cause, if you have actual RN and entered it as typed on your I-797)

2. Website is in process of being updated, thus you can't access your case status info.

3. Case has been approved (but hasn't been updated yet)

4. Unknown

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm scheduled for Biometrics Code 3 on August 16.
    My husband and I used a lawyer to process my papers and the law office said that they submitted our applications on April but I just got my appointment notice after 4 months, is that accurate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Accurate in what respect?

That is happening to my receipt number too, so I dont think they have updated files yet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi guys, I'm very new to this site but I've been reading most of the topics for the past 5 hours.

"Validation Error(s)

* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There could be various reasons for such message to appear:

1. Receipt Number you entered was incorrect (the most obvious and least likely cause, if you have actual RN and entered it as typed on your I-797)

2. Website is in process of being updated, thus you can't access your case status info.

3. Case has been approved (but hasn't been updated yet)

4. Unknown

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm scheduled for Biometrics Code 3 on August 16.
    My husband and I used a lawyer to process my papers and the law office said that they submitted our applications on April but I just got my appointment notice after 4 months, is that accurate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Accurate in what respect? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the response RationalE.

What I mean by "accurate" is with the length of time coz some of the people here got their biometrics appointment notice after a month. And mine was just received after 4 months.

If you have a copy of Form I-797 it will show the 'Receipt Date' on top left corner.

There is no strict, uniform processing time for any type of cases (only approximations).

Good luck

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
    If you have a copy of Form I-797 it will show the 'Receipt Date' on top left corner.

There is no strict, uniform processing time for any type of cases (only approximations).

Good luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I have the receipt date and it says July 9, 2007. Does it mean the lawyer submitted our application just recently?

Thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes I have the receipt date and it says July 9, 2007. Does it mean the lawyer submitted our application just recently? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. But that's when your case entered queue.

Snapple

[QUOTE]Yes I have the receipt date and it says July 9, 2007. Does it mean the lawyer submitted our application just recently? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. But that's when your case entered queue.

ok cool! Thanks RationalE.
    ---------------------------------------------
    I just wish our interview will be soon coz I haven't worked for 2 months now since I don't have working permit.