free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy of Naturalization Certificate

In order to obtain citizenship for a European country, I must obtain a certified copy of my deceased mother's naturalization certificate.

She became a US citizen in the 1930's, although I don't know the exact date. Surely there must be some way to obtain this document.

USCIS Form N565 does not appear to be appropriate, and 380 dollars seems a bit much to apply and be rejected.

If anyone can assist me, I would be extremely grateful.

In order to obtain citizenship for a European country, I must obtain a certified copy of my deceased mother's naturalization certificate.

She became a US citizen in the 1930's, although I don't know the exact date. Surely there must be some way to obtain this document.

USCIS Form N565 does not appear to be appropriate, and 380 dollars seems a bit much to apply and be rejected.

If anyone can assist me, I would be extremely grateful.

Hi Portal2012,

I think you will have to end up paying for a copy whichever way you get hold of one.

If you haven't already read this information, here is a link about the ways you can obtain a copy for that far back.
    info

Do they not accept any other records, like old passport, birth,marriage or death certificates and so on? Why do they need to prove her US Citizenship if it is for a European country? Sorry, just wondered if you could explain, as I have not heard of this before. Might be interesting for others to know, in case anyone in same situation.

Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Thank you so much, Sprint_girl07. I'm sure that the links you sent will be of great help to my family.

The fact is, that it is my SON who is applying for a European citizenship. We have the birth and marriage certificates for my deceased mother, and it looks like her death certificate can be obtained. Thus the FOIA Form G-639 can be appropriate here.

Any other questions, I would be happy to answer. I'll be sure to post developments on this case, and once again, many many thanks for taking the time and trouble to help us.

You're welcome Portal. Out of curiousity as a European myself, just wondered what country are you talking about?

Also why do they need the grandparent's naturalization certificate?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    You're welcome Portal. Out of curiousity as a European myself, just wondered what country are you talking about?

Also why do they need the grandparent's naturalization certificate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wondered if perhaps it was for the UK Ancestry Visa, which is available for people with grandparents born there, though it's generally the grandparent's birth certificate that's required to prove that.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

That is what I was thinking too, however unless it has changed recently, it does not apply to Americans unfortunately. I guess otherwise a lot of Americans will have the right to move there lol

Sometimes it's good to be a Colony

Actually, the UK has begun changing the rules for several things recently, and the Ancestry Visa was among them. I can't remember offhand what exactly the changes were, but I believe it was to do with the scope of who was eligible and the duration.

I just can't think of any other immigration that requires so much details on the grandparent.

Hopefully Portal can put us out of our nosey little misery.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Yeah me too, and not sure why the Naturalization certificate. I hope OP comes back and explain. Interesting.

I know some of the changes were, that they added if I remember, other countries to the list who cannot use the ancestry visa. I think Zimbabwe was one of them, and maybe SA.

I know many Americans have tried but sadly were turned down.

Disallowing Zimbabwe makes sense as they were suspended from the Commonwealth.

There was a lot of press on it here and how it would affect young Kiwis ... wish I'd paid more attention. LOL.