publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: PLEASE HELP! Can H-4 visa go to college?

I am on H-4 visa. I have been in a college for one semester. Today, I tried to register a summer course and I was denied by the registration office. They told me there is a new INS law starting from July 1 that says H-4 can not study until they change to F-1. I am very frustrated. Can anyone help me? Does anybody know more about this new law?

I am on H-4 visa. I have been in a college for one semester. Today, I tried to register a summer course and I was denied by the registration office. They told me there is a new INS law starting from July 1 that says H-4 can not study until they change to F-1. I am very frustrated. Can anyone help me? Does anybody know more about this new law?

I'm sure there is a good reason to the new INS law regarding international students and schooling. I highly suggest you go to your school's international student department to help you out. This is only a technicality for which the school should help you out changing your status into an F1.

I think the school is incorrect. They must have their facts confused with the requirement that visitors cannot attend school unless they received final approval to change to F-1. There is no prohibition on H-4's attending school. You need to require them to produce a copy of this "new law."

H-4 can go to school, but they cannot work. Those DSO's at the school.....watch out for them....double check everything they tell you. If it has to do with your status in the U.S.....check with a lawyer...lots do free consults.

I learnt that dependants on L2 can now get EAD to work after application to the govt. Is this possible for H4 dependants as well?