free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I-130 denied

Hi, My wife is a US citizen and in 2007 she filed my appliation for adjusment of status . I entered the US in 2001 Without inspection , I was able to obtain a TPS for Salvadoreans ,So I have been renewing that since then .I received a letter from USCIS where they say that my application has been aproved but I can not adjust here , I ask for more information on what to do next but they say that their process is finished that Now I have to contact the Nacional center of Visas ? not sure if that is the right name .I heard that Slavadoreans probably will have another TPS extension , I plan to apply for that , But my question is what happen to the I-130 application , Iam not planning on leaving anything soon , I am finishing a Master degree next year . I was here illegally for about 3 months until I got my TPS , SO I am confused on what to do next or maybe just not do anything and wait for an opportunity in the future . They can not force to leave ,right ? if I am under the TPS .

Hi, My wife is a US citizen and in 2007 she filed my appliation for adjusment of status . I entered the US in 2001 Without inspection , I was able to obtain a TPS for Salvadoreans ,So I have been renewing that since then .I received a letter from USCIS where they say that my application has been aproved but I can not adjust here , I ask for more information on what to do next but they say that their process is finished that Now I have to contact the Nacional center of Visas ? not sure if that is the right name .I heard that Slavadoreans probably will have another TPS extension , I plan to apply for that , But my question is what happen to the I-130 application , Iam not planning on leaving anything soon , I am finishing a Master degree next year . I was here illegally for about 3 months until I got my TPS , SO I am confused on what to do next or maybe just not do anything and wait for an opportunity in the future . They can not force to leave ,right ? if I am under the TPS .

Someone12
    who gives a greasy taco?

You have to file for an immigrant visa at the American Embassy San Salvador.

GET ADVANCE PAROLE ; TRAVEL THERE; REENTER USA THEN APPLY FOR ADJUSTMENT

If you leave the country you will be banned for 10 years. Have your wife contact the nvc and tell them you be adjusting from here.

Entering without inspection is an adjustment killer!

Good luck

thanks , yes we told them that I was here . I went to an interview in 2008 I filed the form I -824 and two weeks after the interview they told me it was denied .I had also sent the I-130 I got that letter about a month ago ,saying that it was aproved but Iam not elligible to adjust .I am fine with my work permit but I plan to work for a religius organization and they have very strict policies that I don't think they will hire me just with a work permit . I thought about getting an advanve parolle document and trying to adjust when I come back ,but that would be until next year after I finished my degree . I hope they don't force to leave , I don't think they can ,right ? since Iam protected by the TpS .Hopefully , there is an immigration reform even though I don't see that happening . thanks everybody !

Reinosa: Well, first...you came to America illegally, disrespecting the country, its laws and its sovereignty - and now you're surprised that you can't adjust status here?

In order to obtain permanent residency, you will have no choice but return to your country of origin for Consular processing - that is the law (although I'm confident that you believe yourself to be above the law).

When you leave America, you will be subject to a ten-year bar against reentry, and your application for permanent residency will be denied. Your wife, as an American, will then petition the government, asserting that she is enduring an extreme hardship because of your absence...and, eventually, the American government may grant her a waiver of your ineligibility, and you will be allowed to return.

The fact that you somehow managed to obtain TPS does not grant you any special privileges regarding adjustment of status...and, even though you might obtain advance parole, you are ineligible to use it - due to your bar against reentry. If you try to use advance parole to enter the United States, you will be returned on the first outgoing flight.

For once, why don't you stop looking for shortcuts and ways to circumvent the law...and do things the legal way???

You're always looking to scam the system, yet you claim to be religious...what a disgrace!

10 years ! that's a long time ! I was illegal here for just three months and I didn't work until I got my work permit .I know friends who have gone to El salvador with the advance parolle document . I don't think myself of being above the Law , I pay taxes and I do the right thing always . The only thing I did was entering the country Illegally but it was a difficult time in El salvador , during the earquakes in 2001 .That is why they gave us the TPS ,if they had cancelled it , I would have gone back but since 2001 I have been renewing it , paying about $500 every time . It's just a business . Maybe I'll just finish a Phd and if I can not get the permanent resident card then , I just move to Brazil ! The advantage is that I can work in any country since my religious organization is worldwide , the only thing is that my wife and my children are from here and all their family is here . very complicated issue .

As it stands, you have no choice but to return to El Salvador to complete the process. It will be denied because of the EWI, even though you have maintained TPS. At that time you will have to file for an I-601 waiver to overcome the EWI. This website is a good resource for all I-601 waivers. Good luck.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."