free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is legal picture ID availale?

Can anyone tell me if there is a legal way to get a picture ID with age date on it? My foster daughter from Honduras came here legally at age 5, and is almost 21 but due to mistakes from INS, Lawyers, and ourselves her parents, she has been out of status (unknowingly the visa and passport ran out and we discovered this 1 year ago) for 7 years. She has trouble boarding a plane even. We cannot get her a non-drivers license anymore, so don't know what else there is? Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if there is a legal way to get a picture ID with age date on it? My foster daughter from Honduras came here legally at age 5, and is almost 21 but due to mistakes from INS, Lawyers, and ourselves her parents, she has been out of status (unknowingly the visa and passport ran out and we discovered this 1 year ago) for 7 years. She has trouble boarding a plane even. We cannot get her a non-drivers license anymore, so don't know what else there is? Thanks.

Why can't she just get a Honduras passport?

She has a Honduran passport but it expired 7 years ago and it was issued when she was 5 so I don't think that's going to help her when it comes to getting into an establishment that you have to prove you're you and over 21. She needs a recent one with picture and birthdate on it for that and they don't issue non-driver's license' anymore, at least not in New York State. So that's why I'm asking if there's something else that I'm not aware of. We also don't want to bring the expired passport and Visa out at the airport and draw attention to her status until she is married next summer and can change her status legally. Thanks.
    Candy

Can she get a new passport? That will satisfy the ID requirement.

I'm not an expert on the rules for issuing Honduran Passports, but it seems likely that the Honduran Embassy in Washington, D.C., would replace an expired passport with a new one. I'm somewhat surprised that you don't want to investigate this option.

A few years ago, I renewed my expired passport at my country-of-origin's embassy in Washington, D.C., without the slightest problem. My previous passport had been expired for about two years at the time of renewal.

Hi!
    does your foster daughter have a birth certificate? how about any documents (regarding: her being your foster duaghter) or school records maybe... that will be available. Call or inquire from your Consulate Office (Honduras embassy here in the USA) and ask about how to renew her passport.

Just got back on line today to answer to your replies. Thanks for trying to help me. I have been hesitant to try and renew the passport because the VISA ran out 7 years ago too. We did not realize this until she graduated high school because the lawyers had the passport all these years as we were trying to adopt her in this country. So since she has been here illegally due to status running out we have been afraid to draw attention to it by asking for a new passport.

Oh, I forgot to respond to B.C. question. She was abandoned in the field as an infant and so has no Birth Certificate. She was issued a Certificate of Naturalization when she was 5 and came to this country. Even that does not have true information on it as she had no known parents/names so the administrator and wife of the orphanage put their names on it and the passport as her parents. We were going to adopt her but never could due to Honduras not being able to supply us with any records on her to satisfy the courts here so INS told us to leave well enough alone etc. I explained her situation in being here under the discussion of " Honduran citizen but been in this country since age 5 wanting to marry u.s. citizen.

hi candy, I just read your note and the reason i write is tha i basically have the same problem. I have been trying to get some type of ID that is beeing accepted by ny state for marriage, since my passport is expired and my ID has been stolen years ago. My boyfriend and I live together, almost 3 years, and we have a 2 year old daughter, but we cant get married because I cant find a way to get ID. I thought that maybe we can help each other confronting information people give us to find a solution. I have followed a few leads but so far nothing came out. What have you tried? Please reply, thanx.