free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VAWA-not so easy

I have filed a VAWA petition based on my USC husband who's abusive. My lawyer, psychologist and domestic violence counseler who know about my story have repeately told me I have a strong case with what I have filed initially. I've still received a RFE requesting more evidence of abuse and good faith marriage. I've already sent all bank statments, bills, lease and other things in both names. Also we've been married for more than 5 years. After getting my file from the local office where I have a pending AOS based on my husband as sponsor, they went through every detail and with a 6-page REF, I can tell they have scrutinized everything and want proof of everything (they don't take the petitioner's word for granted). This is like going through naturalization. I've entered legally to this country, never overstayed with no criminal record. What I've read in this board from all those angry USC husbands or others that Vermont don't check what the self petionner said is completely faulse. THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. To future filers, be aware Vermont will scrutinize everything and it will not be easy to get approved even if you have a strong case.

I have filed a VAWA petition based on my USC husband who's abusive. My lawyer, psychologist and domestic violence counseler who know about my story have repeately told me I have a strong case with what I have filed initially. I've still received a RFE requesting more evidence of abuse and good faith marriage. I've already sent all bank statments, bills, lease and other things in both names. Also we've been married for more than 5 years. After getting my file from the local office where I have a pending AOS based on my husband as sponsor, they went through every detail and with a 6-page REF, I can tell they have scrutinized everything and want proof of everything (they don't take the petitioner's word for granted). This is like going through naturalization. I've entered legally to this country, never overstayed with no criminal record. What I've read in this board from all those angry USC husbands or others that Vermont don't check what the self petionner said is completely faulse. THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. To future filers, be aware Vermont will scrutinize everything and it will not be easy to get approved even if you have a strong case.

I have not seen any "angry USC husbands" say anything here. Maybe they scrutinized your application more than the 99.8 % of the others that are rubber stamped because it was even
    more fraudulant. Yea they asked you for some papers; big deal; how is that difficult? How much easier can they make it?

But I KNOW one thing they did not - can not - are not allowed to - is to ask your so-called "abuser" for his side of the story. Oh no, we wouldn't want him to testify now would we ? VAWA strictly prohibits the so-called "abuser" to testify in his defense. According to VAWA/IMBRA, he is AUTOMATICALLY presumed to be an abuser. No questions asked. This is the law. You got your greencard so why are you still whining?

Because you had to show some bogus documents? Big deal ! Do you want a medal also? The fact is virtually EVERY and ANY man would testify for the bonafides of a marriage - even in the case of a divorce - unless the woman got exceptionally greedy and nasty as many do when they call the police for no reason, steal money, etc...

As you pointed out, all you need is minimal documentation and some fake tears and you win a green card.

Look at all the posts on this board; not one person out of the thousands of people here has ever been denied a green card. I do not think a VAWA petition has ever been denied nor have I ever heard of a VAWA petition ever being denied.
    These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

FYI, I have not been approved for my VAWA, nor my green card like you claim. And I am not sure I will. You like the other angry USCs spread lies here. If they don't ask the abuser his opinion (who's abuser would admit the abuse), they don't either take the abused her words for granted. You need documents and facts to corroborate what you claim. So all you said and others are complete lies. I am not complaining nor whinning, but telling about my VAWA experience, which is different from I've heard from those angry husbands here. By the way, you have no idea how Vermont work or scrutinize those applications because you never went through. I AM GOING THROUGH IT AND I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU. SO STOP YOUR BULL****S AOUT VAWA AND GET A LIFE ABUSER! I am sure your wife left you because you're an old and angry man who can't get a beautiful and young woman on his own and you're not rich to attract those women. All left is the promise to come to the US and apply for her green card. A young and beautiful Russian woman will not marry a ****** and old man. Helloooooooooo! Wake up!

you can easily make up "facts" and should already have had the documents from the marriage; why is this difficult? There is no doubt you will get a GC; have you ever in your life heard of anyone who didn't? Why shouldn't "the abuser" have a say in defending your false accusation?

Congress 1994
    VAWA self petition cannot be denied for lacking of evidence

This is a dual edge discussion. We are not attacking you but just stating facts that actually should put you at ease. However, we are also noting that VAWA is relatively easy compared to the benefit you are getting. Now lets say you did commit a fraud for the sake of argument, don't you think that the relative ease in getting VAWA is problematic? Why not just call the "abuser" in and let immigration see how much of an abuser he really is. If he is such an abuser, it should be obvious to trained experts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Good point. If the 'experts' are so well trained they should be able to spot the abusive tendancy in the spouse with ease.
    Curious, why did Shawna make the comments concerning young Russian women and so forth? No one said anything about that. Sounds like she just blew her cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She certainly is hostile and abusive. Can I get a reward for being abused by her?

This quoye from her sounds as if she is making an admission of what she did and her thought process; "I am sure your wife left you because you're an old and angry man who can't get a beautiful and young woman on his own and you're not rich to attract those women. All left is the promise to come to the US and apply for her green card. A young and beautiful Russian woman will not marry a ****** and old man. Helloooooooooo! Wake up!"

That statement or admission is a clear and convincing evidence of fraud.

Yeah make up facts, do you think the VAWA adjudication officers are stupid? I am telling you they want hard proofs of everything I've stated in my affidavit and guess they do with each application. So all said here they take for granted the self-petitioner words is completely faulse. And I am talking by experience. I hope I will get approved and get my green card because I went through a lot with my abusive husband who kept threatening me all those years because he was my sponsor. It was exploitation and many USCs use this to control their spouses. Besides all what I've claimed, just a background check of my husband, which I guess Vermont did, in itself is a proof of the dangerous situation I was living by marring him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michaelthegreat:
    you can easily make up "facts" and should already have had the documents from the marriage; why is this difficult? There is no doubt you will get a GC; have you ever in your life heard of anyone who didn't? Why shouldn't "the abuser" have a say in defending your false accusation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My lawyer who's been filing VAWAs for many years said there is just 50% approval. Yes there are denials. And he knows better than you. Otherwise, why not be an immigration lawyer who can charge 5000 just for filing those applications and you will be rich to attract those young and beautiful women you can't have here in NYC. For now you don't have any chance with your ridiculous salary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michaelthegreat:
    This is a dual edge discussion. We are not attacking you but just stating facts that actually should put you at ease. However, we are also noting that VAWA is relatively easy compared to the benefit you are getting. Now lets say you did commit a fraud for the sake of argument, don't you think that the relative ease in getting VAWA is problematic? Why not just call the "abuser" in and let immigration see how much of an abuser he really is. If he is such an abuser, it should be obvious to trained experts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>