Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price of "No Immigration Reform"

Hey People!

I would like you to share this topic with me on the impact that no future immigration reforms could have on this country.

One noticable fact is the rise of illegal aliens if there are no immigration reforms in the near future. And that could have deadly consequences about the safety and security of this nation. This could will be the next big issue if terrorism cools-off, which I doubt it will for a while after seeing the current issues on terror.

The other point could be the impact on the economy, will more companies participate employing illegal aliens for cheap labor. We already see out-sourcing in this country, will there be further cut-backs on jobs at home due to illegals willing to work at the minimum wage or less.

And finally, we have states like California trying to give illegals rights such as Driver's Licenses... can other states take similar steps and eventually lead to other right where illegals finding themselves to have status not far off from legal aliens or citizens.

There is a plenty of room for discussion... and there is no sign of Immigration reform (except the Democrat's SOLVE act... which is in doubt, because the congress makes the final rule).

What do you think?

Hey People!

I would like you to share this topic with me on the impact that no future immigration reforms could have on this country.

One noticable fact is the rise of illegal aliens if there are no immigration reforms in the near future. And that could have deadly consequences about the safety and security of this nation. This could will be the next big issue if terrorism cools-off, which I doubt it will for a while after seeing the current issues on terror.

The other point could be the impact on the economy, will more companies participate employing illegal aliens for cheap labor. We already see out-sourcing in this country, will there be further cut-backs on jobs at home due to illegals willing to work at the minimum wage or less.

And finally, we have states like California trying to give illegals rights such as Driver's Licenses... can other states take similar steps and eventually lead to other right where illegals finding themselves to have status not far off from legal aliens or citizens.

There is a plenty of room for discussion... and there is no sign of Immigration reform (except the Democrat's SOLVE act... which is in doubt, because the congress makes the final rule).

What do you think?

November Election and Suffering Immigration

Source: The Oh Law Firm

The November election is now less than two months away. Pending the election, there are no proponents of immigration and no matter whether he is a Republican candidate or Democratic candidate, he wants to keep distance himself from the term "immigration." The term "immigration" is unwanted child. Currently any legislative or policy issues that can affect the politics appear to be on hold. The election should be over one way or another!

Alarming Anti-Immigration Movement in the Immigration Law Community

Source: The Oh Law Firm

The immigrant community is growingly exposed to some open discussion of abolition of family immigration system by certain immigration reform proponents. They consider extended family members including parents and sons and daughters of the U.S. citizen do not deserve unification with their loved ones.

Additionally, underlying discussion includes limitation of immigration to only able-bodied "workers." Under the concept, disabled or handicapped people should be filtered off from the immigration process. Extension of this concept can lead to advocating immigration only for "fit-to-survival" and somebody will have to determine how to define "fit-to-survival." It reminds people of the Nazi criminals to use the Darwinism to eradicate certain so-called "inferior" group of human beings from the earth.

In 1986, there was a legistive movement to restrict family immigration, either reducing quota or putting a moratorium. We called it "Simpson Bill." Proponents advanced sweet justification for the bill hiding under the rug xenophoebia. The country was swept in heated debate pros and cons and emotionally pushed the immigrant community to the edge. Facing the strong opposition, the proponents compromised and passed a bill to control only "illegal" immigration leaving the legal immigration, particularly family immigration in tact.

The difference between 1986 and the current movement presents a serious concern in that in 1986, it was advocated by mostly anti-immigration political forces but the current discussion is led by so-called immigration proponents. They are the ones who are educated to understand the implication of such concept with profound impact on the notion of the most cherished American principle of family reunification and potential danger of being misused by the anti-immigration political forces to control immigration for the wrong causes which include racism. It is appalling to learn an argument that those U.S. citizens who miss their mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters should go back to their countries of origin. It is also appalling to learn an argument that the country should abolish completely family immigration system and accept immigrants only for employment who are able to work. Under the concept, family members will not be able to reunite with their U.S. parents if they are handicapped physically or emotionally and have no physical bodies which allow them to work. Someone can feel a "chill"in the backbone.

Such discussion is indeed ill-timed in that the country is now extremely polarized and immigration is taken something which should remain an undesirable back-burner. Immigration law community has no reason to initiate and stir up such volatile issue at this difficult time for the good reasons or the bad reasons.

i'm in canada right now.

in a city where there are NO illegal aliens, or mexicans.

Guess what..?

Life is going on. And the city is great, and functioning and no one is afraid of anything. People don't even lock their doors or come home by dark.

Great isn't it??

-= nav =-

this country (The US) is divided over everything... no wonder the european and the asian economy are booming, and the american foreign policy is a headache in the international community.

I think if kerry wins (whether many people think he flip-flops or not), the change is welcomed both in domestic and abroad.

Mo, If kerry wins, the change will only be welcome in the hills of afganistan because this dried up prune will be a disaster for this country........it will be a return to the Carter days of appeasement. I'm no supporter of bush but if I had the chance I would vote for him anyday over kerry. All you have to do is look at Kerry's senate record and you will soon realize what a f-u-c-k-i-n-g two faced d-i-c-k-h-e-a-d he really is........I pray and hope the nation wakes up to this before its too late

Hey Supernav,

What city are you in? It can't be Toronto or Montreal or Quebec City or Winnipeg or Vancouver or Calgary or Edmonton or Victoria...

I'd be interested to know what city in Canada does not have any illegal aliens. I haven't ever heard of one. Maybe some place like Moosejaw or Wawa?

WELL TO MO HAVE YOU EVEN LOOKED IN TO WHAT THE CANADATE ARE SAYING ABOUT IMMIGRATION. BECAUSE IF YOU DID YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT KERRY IS PLANNING TO OPEN THE AMNISTY LAWS WITHIN 100 DAYS AFTER HE TAKES OFFICE.

AND MOONDIN AS FAR AS YOU NOT HAVING TO LOCK YOUR DOORS BECAUSE there are NO illegal aliens, or mexicans, THAT IS CRAZY I RATHER HAVE THE MEXICANS AND ILLEGALS LIVING AROUND ME THAN THE BLACKS THAT ARE KILLING EACH OTHER OFF EVERYDAY AND THE WHITE TRASH THEY LET THERE KIDS RUN THE STREETS AND LIVE LIKE THEY ARE IN THE GUTTER. THE MEXICANS I HAVE THAT LIVE AROUND ME ARE MORE UPSTANDING THEM THE AMERICAN CITIZENS THERE CHILDREN ARE WELL BEHAVED AND THEY DONT SIT AT HOME COLLECTING A WELFARE CHECK. THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE COLLECTING WELFARE ARE JUST LAZY ***S AND CHOOSE NOT TO WORK BECAUSE THERE A PLENTY OF JOBS IN THE CITYS AROUND ME EVEN IF ITS NOT MAKING THE BEST OF MONEY ITS BETTER THAN WHAT A WELFARE CHECK BRINGS IN ONCE A MONTH. BUT THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE THIS WAY.DONT GET ME WRON I AM NOT SAYING THERE ARE NOT PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED THE ASSISTANCE HOWEVER IN MY EYES WHEN THE MOM AND DAD ARE SITTING AT HOME ALL DAY OR THE DAD IS OUT ON THE CORNER SELLING DRUGS THESE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES I AM TALKING ABOUT.

AND PADDY WHY IS IT YOU CANT VOTE IS IT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A CITIZEN IF THATS THE CASE THAN THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOU DONT CARE THAT THE PRESIDENT THAT IS IN OFFICE NOW IS SENDING OUR YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN AWAY TO BE KILLED BY THE DOZEN. IF BUSH DOES GET ANOTHER 4 YEARS IT WILL BE A NIGHT MARE FOR THIS COUNTRY AND FOR THE NEXT PRESIDENT TO HAVE TO GO BEHIND A CLEAN UP HIS MESS.

I would like to chime in on the licencing of illegals.

I know here in Georgia during the primaries, there was some politician running ads on T.V. that were saying that if the other person would get elected that they would push to provide drivers licences to illegals which would put 200,000 more drivers on the road. This is the most ridiculus statement I've ever heard. What makes people think that the majority of these people are not currently driving? All providing licences to illegals would do would be to keep them from running away from accidents, it would NOT add a bunch of new drivers and cars to our roadways. Keeping illegals out there driving without drivers licences is just making insurance rates increase (due to hit and runs) and giving them reason not to stay at the seen of an accident.

Now on to immigration reform.
    The first thing the goverment needs to do is a better job of keeping more from coming in. This has to be done before any reform can affectively be put in place. Then it needs to document (NOT DEPORT) the ones that are already here. Like it or not, if all illegals were to be deported our economy would fold. There are millions of illegals that are helping to support our economy. This is not something many Americans want to face up to that is why politicians cannot even talk about making any kind of immigration reform because most American people do not want to face the facts. They would rather just not hear about it. They do just enough to make people think they are making an effort to deport illegals when in actuality they they are trying not to disrupt our economy. The illegals currently here are filling (for the most part) jobs that Americans are either too lazy to do or feel they cannot take that little of pay for the work being offered. Bottom line is they are filling a void in our work force.

Just my thoughts.