publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: LIFE EAD(project work in Canada)

I have a EAD thru LIFE. I applied for CSS settlement in last week of Dec'05. Got the recipt # for I-131(advance parole) and recipt # for finger print(which said they will call me for FP schedule).I didnot apply for my EAD thru CSS settlemnet.My LIFE case is still pending.If I go uscis web site with my LIFE recipt # it says this
    ''"On September 25, 2002, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. .....'

Now my question is in middle April I have to go Canada for 2-3 weeks from my work to do a project.

1)How I will go?
    2)Do I have to go thru with I-131(AP)?? ---But I did not recived it yet ??? Apply thru CSS setlement for AP.
    3) Do I have to apply for a new I-131 (AP) thru LIFE for emergency basis. I had an AP before thru LIFE in 08/02 to 08/03.
    4) If I don't go then I think I have to quit this job.No body other than me is working in this project.

5) Do I need a Canadian Visa? or with EAD no need of visa?

Please advice.What I will do?

I have a EAD thru LIFE. I applied for CSS settlement in last week of Dec'05. Got the recipt # for I-131(advance parole) and recipt # for finger print(which said they will call me for FP schedule).I didnot apply for my EAD thru CSS settlemnet.My LIFE case is still pending.If I go uscis web site with my LIFE recipt # it says this
    ''"On September 25, 2002, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. .....'

Now my question is in middle April I have to go Canada for 2-3 weeks from my work to do a project.

1)How I will go?
    2)Do I have to go thru with I-131(AP)?? ---But I did not recived it yet ??? Apply thru CSS setlement for AP.
    3) Do I have to apply for a new I-131 (AP) thru LIFE for emergency basis. I had an AP before thru LIFE in 08/02 to 08/03.
    4) If I don't go then I think I have to quit this job.No body other than me is working in this project.

5) Do I need a Canadian Visa? or with EAD no need of visa?

Please advice.What I will do?

Why do you think some Immigration Attorneys charge $250-$350/hr for consultation?

For legal help you should consider the assistance of professional Immigration Attorney.

I also think that if your trip is not EMERGENCY , you would hardly be able to expeditiously get AP, but would have to wait until you get the AP you applied for.

Best Regards,
    IE

P.S. You may also visit WWW.IMMIGRATION.COM and search for relevant info and topics on the forum.

1) Good question
    2) Yes, you'll need to get an AP
    3) Not necessary, it'll just depend on the processing times. Judging from your need, its unlikely that filing a new AP will do you any good due to the current processing time.
    5) Yes, you'll need Canadian visa. LPR & USC doesn't need visa. EAD is not equal to LPR status.