ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with explicit processing: Christian evangelicals

The problem with explicit processing: Christian evangelicals

Kevin MacDonald

December 15, 2008

One of my intellectual bedrocks these days is the psychological distinction between explicit and implicit processing. Implicit processing is how the animal part of our brain operates. It’s basically a set of psychological reflexes that take care of the routine business of living — like seeing colors and shapes when we look around the room and recognizing the faces of people we know.

From an evolutionary perspective, the systems of implicit processing have been meticulously designed by natural selection to promote survival and reproduction. They make us enjoy *** and they make us want children and enjoy nurturing them — most of the time. They make us want to associate with people like ourselves. They also make us more likely to contribute to public goods like education and health care if the likely beneficiaries are people like ourselves.

But then along comes explicit processing to make it all really complicated. Explicit processing includes our verbal, cultural world—how we think about ourselves and our place in the world. Patrick Hardin sums it up beautifully in his cartoon: For eons our animal ancestors were governed by three simple rules: “Eat, survive, reproduce.” But at the very pinnacle of evolution, we ask “What’s it all about?”

Read more: http://www.theoccidentalobserv...ld-Evangelicals.html

The problem with explicit processing: Christian evangelicals

Kevin MacDonald

December 15, 2008

One of my intellectual bedrocks these days is the psychological distinction between explicit and implicit processing. Implicit processing is how the animal part of our brain operates. It’s basically a set of psychological reflexes that take care of the routine business of living — like seeing colors and shapes when we look around the room and recognizing the faces of people we know.

From an evolutionary perspective, the systems of implicit processing have been meticulously designed by natural selection to promote survival and reproduction. They make us enjoy *** and they make us want children and enjoy nurturing them — most of the time. They make us want to associate with people like ourselves. They also make us more likely to contribute to public goods like education and health care if the likely beneficiaries are people like ourselves.

But then along comes explicit processing to make it all really complicated. Explicit processing includes our verbal, cultural world—how we think about ourselves and our place in the world. Patrick Hardin sums it up beautifully in his cartoon: For eons our animal ancestors were governed by three simple rules: “Eat, survive, reproduce.” But at the very pinnacle of evolution, we ask “What’s it all about?”

Read more: http://www.theoccidentalobserv...ld-Evangelicals.html

....but it will never be about anything else than "Eat, Survive, Reproduce", no matter how much we smoke our brains.

I was at a dog show not to long ago. This exibitor proudly showing his dog and stating that he (the dog) workes for food"!

I say don't we all!

Happy New Year!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For eons our animal ancestors were governed by three simple rules: “Eat, survive, reproduce.” But at the very pinnacle of evolution, we ask “What’s it all about?” </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man did not come from animals. When he was created he was a man with a brain and a conscious. Man has always been a man. Not a monkey or a fish or elephant or anything else ridiculous.

I never read anywhere where God said.. Lets take a monkey and modify him and upgrade him to a man. Oh sorry, You are saying that it just occured on its own... natural process where survival caused it to become

Please show me where man has evolved lately....Betcha by golly why you cant

Someone12
    To see evidence of evolution, just log on to immigrate2us.net.....there, you can see the results of inbreeding (or maybe when the god you are referring to mixed up a monkey with somebody living in a trailer park).
    And Neanderthals were different than we are...
    and how do you KNOW that god created man out of nothing? Where is your proof????????? Why is it that virtually all of the creatures on this planet need oxygen to breathe, have blood, cells and dna???????

That, my friend, is the mystery of CREATION of life by one Supreme Being - however we differ in our perception of Him may be.

Well then, 'where is your proof' that life on planet Earth originated from something or somewhere else?

I AM ADAM!!!

WHERE THE **** IS MY EVE????

I GOT APPLES!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

No no, homosexuality occurred much, much later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    No no, homosexuality occurred much, much later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CORRECT!!! OMG!! I Will Listen To You From Now On. You Should Know! .
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Yeah, you taught me.