50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Help Please, BRONZE LADY or Anyone !!

The situation is, USC filed for unmarried son who is over 21 yrs with the VSC. The son is not legitimate (born out of wedlock).

They're asking us to prove the father and the son had a bon fide relationship (emotional and/or financial support, genuine concern and interest towards the son's support) before the son reached 21 yrs old.

They're saying that the best persuasive evidence to prove the above is:

- Recipts of money orders and/or cancelled
    cheque

- Income Tax claiming the child as depedent

- Insurance form listing the child as
    beneficairy

- Medical reports/medical bills indicating
    claimed relationship

- School records indicating the claimed
    relationship

- Mails/wrtten communications with date stamp

- Notarized affidavits of friends, neighbors
    and etc. who may have knowledge of the
    the relationship.

The fact is we do not have none of the above documentaru evidence mentioned above. We can only provide them with the birt certificate and and an affidavit from my mother and older sister attesting to the relationship.

My question is, has anyone know of a situation like mines, and what was the outcome ?.

Thank you in advance for your comments, much appreciate....I have 60 days to respond to this.

The situation is, USC filed for unmarried son who is over 21 yrs with the VSC. The son is not legitimate (born out of wedlock).

They're asking us to prove the father and the son had a bon fide relationship (emotional and/or financial support, genuine concern and interest towards the son's support) before the son reached 21 yrs old.

They're saying that the best persuasive evidence to prove the above is:

- Recipts of money orders and/or cancelled
    cheque

beneficairy

claimed relationship

relationship

the relationship.

The fact is we do not have none of the above documentaru evidence mentioned above. We can only provide them with the birt certificate and and an affidavit from my mother and older sister attesting to the relationship.

My question is, has anyone know of a situation like mines, and what was the outcome ?.

Thank you in advance for your comments, much appreciate....I have 60 days to respond to this.

hi Boyd,

as I understood from your post that USC father is not married to your mother, is that correct ? if yes ... I m sorry but in that case u cant establish any relationship to father that will bring you immigration benefit... there is an option of adopting child but again certain limitations do apply and as u r over 21 ... there is age limit which will prevent you from doing that... if USC father gets married to your mother he can file petition for you...otherwise I don't know any other way of doing it... may be others will give you more insightful ways to do this... good luck...Pasha

So noone knew that he was your father other than your sister and mother. I had similar with My children in that they were born out of wedlock but I lived with him in another country for 5 years and when I did come to the Us and they were in school...he was all over the school with his kids so it was easy to prove the emotional part especially as he paid child support by check and wrote letters saying that he paid child support and wrote "child support" on the checks.
    Its a shame that he didnt do more to establish a connection with you other than placing his name on the birth certificate.
    Sorry

LOST IN US:

Actually, he did more than just placing his name on the birth certificate. He has provided financial support as well as emotional support. However, we have no documentary evidence to prove the financial support, we did not keep cheque stubs and all that stuff from age birth to age 21 yrs because we did not anticipate we would need these documents 20 years later. Also everyone knows he's my father, the question is not who knew he was my father, the question is whether there was a bona fide relationship up until the age 21.

PASHA:

Yes you are correct in that my USC father did not married to my mother. However, I think you erred when you say "...in that case u cant establish any relationship to father that will bring you immigration benefit...". You are incorrect because the letter notice I received clearly states that if they were married we should provide the marriage certificate and IF NOT married then we have to prove the bona fide relationship by providing the suggested items I listed in my earlier post. Furthermore, I know of people who filed for children out of wedlock and they were approved.

Thanks for your comments

I can't see where the parents being married has any effect on citizenship... have I missed something? Is your Dad your biological father? Have you never listed him on any school records at all??

Hi Boyd ,

As I said before... I don't know much abt the situation as I dont have first hand experience in this one... I m happy for u if u find or if its possible to do other way... to file a petition for u ... but what I read from other similar questions ... I gave u my 2 cents ... I just don't have time to find those threads and give link here but if its possible in ur case then its great... go for it... you should definitely ask those people for their opinion that got approved with the same situation like urs...wish u all the best...Pasha

You can not get a green card because your mother agreed for 5 minutes fun !

Hi,
    A friend of mine was in that same situation.After they had submittted proof from school,a priest that knew the family before and a prominent member of the community(That's what the embassy ask for) they also want an old birth-certificate from my friend she did not have that so they refuse her the visa and suggested that she may be interesting in doing a DNA test which she did it cost a lot of money but in the end it proved she is her fathers daughter and she got the visa it is now three years since she's in the States.I hope you go for the DNA too and remove all doubts.Best of luck.

Hi Sunita,

Thanks for your comment. Basically, we've already provided the original birth certifitate, so the issue is NOT whether he is my father, the issue IS whether or not we have had a father and son relationship. The notice says we must prove more than a blood relationship. The notice in fact concedes there is a blood relationship.

posted September 19, 2004 12:20 PM

They're saying that the best persuasive evidence (but not limited to the following) to prove the above is:

- Receipts of money orders and/or cancelled
    cheque

beneficairy

claimed relationship

relationship

the relationship.

We're unable to provide the first six suggested items, because at the time it was not foreseeable that we would need such documents over 20 yrs later.

What I'm saying is, we can provide them with the 7th item (affidavits), I was just asking to see if anyone had the same experience.

Thanks again Sunita for your comments