free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ANGEL0493:
    I married my husband in the dominican republic petioned for him paid all fees. Waited almost 2 years to get our interview. He got his Visa came to live with me and my kids. Found a few jobs and worked very little. Always complained about life here that it was all work and no fun. As a woman I was stressed becuase I had to provide not only for my children but for my husband. Atm let me take out extra money got insufficent funds, did not tell him because he was already stressed out with life here in the US. He found out and left me a letter stating that he left because I did not tell him about insuficient funds and came up with other lies that I have no idea where they came from. He left me all he did was email me. His friends and family hid him from me, he finally called only because I called all his friends and family to tell me where he was. He fianlly got embarassed and called me. I think I was used he only stayed with me for 5 months, what do you think? I was depressed lost 20 pounds did not sleep for a week had to leave home I was renting because I was going to go crazy and I could not afford </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This is not marriage fraud. First, he must have something in writing that explicitly states he is marrying for immigration benefits only. As the USC, you are required to file the adjustment of paperwork with the customary procedure that you pay for the filing fees. Third, he had culture shock. The culture here is much different than in the Dominican Republic. His complaining is a sign of that. Even my wife complained, but eventually understood and accepted the differences here. Fourth, I personally think he had very little to no job skills here in the United States. But I could be wrong. fifth, I believe you married for the wrong reason or reasons. You expected him to be the breadwinner, yet you were the one already working with an established life here. It would be unreasonable for you to expect him to do all the things simply because of your gender. That is a very sexist attitude. Finally, you admitted for both you and your husband that financial troubles were plaguing the marriage. Agian, this is not fraud, but incompatibility. I am not saying what he did was right, nor what you are doing is right. But that annulment is will not work and this is not fraud.

Since your husband has a conditional green card, he has three options to remove the conditions. First is filing a joint petition (which I do not think will happend). Second, he waives the joint filing requirement based on divorce. Or he waives the joint filing requirement based on a VAWA act (which I do not think will happen either). And there is another option for him. He could return back to the Dominican Republic and forget the green card. But based on what you have said, he has no money for the plane ticket.

Word of warning. This is not a divorce forum nor is it a revenge forum. If you have specific immigration question which does not bear any malice, I will answer them. If not, I suggest you find something else.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ANGEL0493:
    All I can say is he knew what he was doing there are many other things that happened that I have not mentioned. Culyural shock I do not think so he planned it days before he left and went from a small town to new york city of all places. Feelings hurt okay probabaly but this as revenge no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If he was plaining to leave, then that is indicative of abandoning the marriage, not marriage fraud. The litmus test is this: if he was a USC and the two of you married with you paying for an expensive wedding, would it be marriage fraud as well. You would have a hard time explaining that to the judge. So, leave the marriage fraud unless you have absolute, substantial, written proof of such. Otherwise, it is circumstantial that will be very difficult to prove.

NOTE: if you want to continue on the revenge, I will show no mercy.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Do not listen to the fraud dweebs. File for an ANNULMENT BASED ON FRAUD AND SEEK MONEY DAMAGES. SEE AN ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY !!! Do not let him file for divorce; an anulment for immigraton fraud will get this monkey deported.

Thank you, I have attorney friend who has told me same, thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, annulments, especially for New York state, are extremely difficult to come by. I do not think the attorney you have chosen, albeit a friend, has told you the realities of the case. But a first year law student could defend your husband and have divorce filed. I know the reasons why you think it was intentional, more than you can possibly know.

As for me, I have over 18 years of experience in the legal field. Sonofmichael has none. Immigration lawyer will probably tell you the same thing I do. First, you cannot withdraw the I-864. Second, there is nothing you can do at this point. You may write to USCIS to explain the situation, but they will do nothing. What you have here is a simple case of divorce which one or both parties walked out of the marriage. You may attempt to portray everything that all was his fault, but USCIS will take that with a grain of salt. Good luck to you.

Hudson is a liar. You not only can do something, you are required by law to report any violation of any federal crime that you are aware of. USCIS takes fraud seriously. They will not take the word of some monkey over a US Citizen.

You can send me PM for some tips; I will not reveal any information that could help a fraud monkey

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    Hudson is a liar. You not only can do something, you are required by law to report any violation of any federal crime that you are aware of. USCIS takes fraud seriously. They will not take the word of some monkey over a US Citizen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    True, but leaving a marriage is not a crime per say, SOM. And nothing in the OP's post is indicative of fraud. It is indicative of a bad marriage with one or both at fault. Annulment will not work in this case, especially if they have been married for more than six months.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is not a timeline for annulment. And if everyone gave up on marriage like he did. There would not be any married couples. I lived through and abusive relationship for 13 years and hung in there and he left me for NSF AFTER 5 MONTHS WHATEVER he used me to come here all along but everyone is blinded by love. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There may not be a timeline per say, but you must prove, based on the circumstances, that a "reasonable prudent person" would have recognized this. Thus, your relationship prior to marriage, your marriage in the Dominican Republic, you filing for immigration, and how the two of you interacted will be examined. That is why it is difficult based on consent by fraud.

Again, it may be your belief, but proving it is very difficult. The only reason why your attorney friend believes you have a case is the simple fact that your husband may not have the means to defend himself. If he does, then there will be no annulment, particularly if he can reasonable explain his actions.