50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: please help...

Hi, Good Evening. I would like to ask things concerning my Father's application. He lived in his sister before and then he moved from places after places, my dad is now turning 53. His been in the United states since 1989, that's the last time we saw each other, It's been 17 years now.. Her sister petitioned him under I-130 in 2000 by the help of a Lawyer. then just last year of october when his sister received a letter from the immigration regarding the application and it says approved, he told us the good news and we are all very happy about that, we all thought that we could now see him after a long time of longing for him. He went right away to his lawyer to ask what to do next.. his lawyer told that, that is all their been waiting for and even said congratulation to my dad. So, we assumed that his papers got fixed already that he only need to apply for a visa and a passport. My father's plan is to go back home in the Philippines right after he got his papers fixed. He haven't gotten a call from his lawyer after their last talk until today January 12, and he told my dad that that is not yet the paper's they have been waiting for and he have to wait for a year more or two or even 10 years.. cos it says on the paper that he wasn't able to apply for adjustment of status at this time. It made us feel so sad. why did his lawyer give us that big hope.
    My father received a deportation letter before and got arrested for that reason but he didn't went back home, but that was 10 years ago. the lawyer said that it might affect my dad's application, is that true? We don't know the procedure and I guess his lawyer doesn't know too.. Is there a way that my dad could have his papers in a fastest way? what should be his next move? how long will it take? thank you.

Hi, Good Evening. I would like to ask things concerning my Father's application. He lived in his sister before and then he moved from places after places, my dad is now turning 53. His been in the United states since 1989, that's the last time we saw each other, It's been 17 years now.. Her sister petitioned him under I-130 in 2000 by the help of a Lawyer. then just last year of october when his sister received a letter from the immigration regarding the application and it says approved, he told us the good news and we are all very happy about that, we all thought that we could now see him after a long time of longing for him. He went right away to his lawyer to ask what to do next.. his lawyer told that, that is all their been waiting for and even said congratulation to my dad. So, we assumed that his papers got fixed already that he only need to apply for a visa and a passport. My father's plan is to go back home in the Philippines right after he got his papers fixed. He haven't gotten a call from his lawyer after their last talk until today January 12, and he told my dad that that is not yet the paper's they have been waiting for and he have to wait for a year more or two or even 10 years.. cos it says on the paper that he wasn't able to apply for adjustment of status at this time. It made us feel so sad. why did his lawyer give us that big hope.
    My father received a deportation letter before and got arrested for that reason but he didn't went back home, but that was 10 years ago. the lawyer said that it might affect my dad's application, is that true? We don't know the procedure and I guess his lawyer doesn't know too.. Is there a way that my dad could have his papers in a fastest way? what should be his next move? how long will it take? thank you.