free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsor Needed

For those of you filing without a sponsor will need a sponsor before the USCIS will continue to move your file. If you do not make enough money make sure you send the I864 with your application, or else they will write to you and request a sponsor. This will move things faster. Before if you didnt make enough money you would have to bring a sponsor at the time of the interview, but it is not the case anymore. Hope this helps.

For those of you filing without a sponsor will need a sponsor before the USCIS will continue to move your file. If you do not make enough money make sure you send the I864 with your application, or else they will write to you and request a sponsor. This will move things faster. Before if you didnt make enough money you would have to bring a sponsor at the time of the interview, but it is not the case anymore. Hope this helps.

so you mean I wouldn't need for my husband to do the affidavit of support until later on?
    He just got a job after being unemployed for pretty much 2 1/2 years but won't make enough money with his salary base (probably will with the commissions), we really want to file for my papers ASAP as we've been married for over 2 years and we have a daughter.

Do you know if all the applications need to be filed at the same time to get me legalized through my marriage to a USC?

Thanks

I would think it is best to file everything all at once. Its isnt a good idea for them to mail you and ask for more evidence or material because it will just delay things. If he doesnt make enough money, or if you dont make enough money, then have a sponsor ready.

The US citizen spouse is always the primary sponsor in marriage-based cases (unless using a waiver under VAWA). I think antivirus means a "joint sponsor".

I don't think I can find a co-sponsor, everyone I know are broke too!
    If I did find someone who meets the 125% poverty line, what would be his/her responsability? would he/she be layable for anything?
    All of this support things are stupid because legally I'm not allowed to work so of course I don't make that money, and it's also stupid because it prevents us from filing the papers until we can afford it while if we didn't have this requirment, I could get my papers and work and help our financial situation, pay taxes...
    the immigration is such a headache.
    What if we only did the biometric, adjustment of status thru marriage but not the support thing, would they ask for it before giving me a work permit?
    Would

I have a sister in Potomac, MD who earns around $120.000 year + own primary residence valued over $1 mil + couple of other properties that she rents and derives income from.

If you are REALLY GOOD, HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY person, let me know so I can talk to her and ask her to sign the affidavit of support for you.

What a nice offer!
    I am very trustworthy, the only illegla things I've ever done is over staying my student visa to stay with my now husband!.
    I have to talk to my husband about it when he comes home from work.
    I was also wondering (but my daughter hit a key on the keyboard and send my message before I could finish it), does a co-sponsor has to be a USC?
    if not, could my parents co-sponsor me, they are french and my father is an air traffic controller and makes good money and they own a very nice house in the south of France.
    If you are really serious about your offer, could you email me to explain to me what a co-sponsor is layable for and such.
    my addy is ethibaux@yahoo.com

Thanks again for this very generous offer!

Just file it, they will not check the adequacy until the interview, hopefully with EAD in hand you will have an adequate income by the time of the interview. The hurdle is pretty low.

You can then submit a new one at the interview.

All sponsors must be United States (U.S.) citizens or permanent
    residents, be at least 18, and be living in the U.S. (including
    territories and possessions) when they file the affidavit of support.

FULL TEXT:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/f.../howdoi/G4.pdf