50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please.. I sent wrong form, wrong check and to the wrong office.

Hi all,

I need some help. I am renewing my Green Card which was issued for 2 years. I didn't realize that I had to send I-751 form until I sent the wrong application (I-90). I was expecting to USCIS send me back the forms, checks, and everything... but they have accepted the application and sent me the biometrics appointment already.
    What should I do? It was wrong form, wrong check and to the wrong office. And I am having the biometrics appt in two weeks.
    Help please!! Thanks

Hi all,

I need some help. I am renewing my Green Card which was issued for 2 years. I didn't realize that I had to send I-751 form until I sent the wrong application (I-90). I was expecting to USCIS send me back the forms, checks, and everything... but they have accepted the application and sent me the biometrics appointment already.
    What should I do? It was wrong form, wrong check and to the wrong office. And I am having the biometrics appt in two weeks.
    Help please!! Thanks

Hi Mimi and welcome,

Have you tried calling anyone at USCIS to explain the mix-up?

Hi Mimi

You had a CONDITIONAL card which was issued for the 2 years. You were supposed to REMOVE the conditions by filing the 751 form. If your marriage is still in tact , file a joint I-751 form along with evidences that support that you have a bonafide marriage since the 1st interview. Enclose a check for the I-751 form and the biometrics.

Please obtain services of paralegal or attorney if you do not understand the process that has to be done. It is very simple instructions as the Immigration officer that interviewed you explained at the time.

Make an infopass appointment with your local office and explain what you did to see if it is possible to recover the monies . Most likely you are out of the money, as the money is used for processing the application. Perhaps you wlll be able to salvage the biometrics fee.

Good Luck and let us know how you made out.

I just called the USCIS Costumer Service, the officer said that I have to send a letter explaining that I sent a wrong form and that I won't be present at the biometrics appt for the same reason with copy of the receipt notice and biometrics notice. And I will have to send the correct form (I-751) as soon as possible. But it is not warranty that USCIS will send me the money back.
    Is there any way that I can get my money back? Thanks for post...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mimi0711:
    I just called the USCIS Costumer Service, the officer said that I have to send a letter explaining that I sent a wrong form and that I won't be present at the biometrics appt for the same reason with copy of the receipt notice and biometrics notice. And I will have to send the correct form (I-751) as soon as possible. But it is not warranty that USCIS will send me the money back.
    Is there any way that I can get my money back? Thanks for post... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still in bonafide marriage????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Yes, having my 3rd anniversary next month... and a precious 14 months old son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mimi0711:
    Yes, having my 3rd anniversary next month... and a precious 14 months old son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my best to you.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    Is there any way that I can get my money back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Processing fees are non-refundable, no matter what. No argument or pleading will work to get your money back.

Hi all,

Help please!! Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't this a good argument to refute claims of those who say one doesn't need an attorney to fill out forms, simply because they are simple enough to navigate as long as you can read and write?
    Obviously this poster can write (as evident from his or her ability to write and post what he she did).
    And he or she must possess comprehensive skills as well (judging by responce and reflection on conversation with USCIS customer service).
    Yet this person wasn't able to distinguish the purpose of I-90 as opposed to I-751, which he/she needed to fill out and send.
    As a result all the predicament he she finds itself in.
    And now he or she relies on this public forum to guide their further actions, and asks whether fees paid to USCIS are refundable (don't they state clearly in instructions that fees are non-refundable?).
    And what if I or anyone for the matter advises him or her to fill , let's say, form I-864 and mail it instead?
    How would that person know the difference,whether advise war wrong or accurate, if they already confused I-90 with I-751?
    And then we will have him or her crying here 4 months later, cursing anyone who may have given a "wrong advise".
    And all this what for? To save a few hundrewd bucks on attorneys' fees?

Oh well, Friedrich Schiller must have been right after all...
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit