50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-485 Interview

I cant believe how fast this process is going. I applied in april 07, went to the fingerprint place on may 2nd and on may 5th I got a letter with my interview appointment on June 12th. My step-dad is my sponsor. Does anyone know what questions they ask to people in my situation. I know that when the I-485 is based on marriage, the questions are a little tougher. Anybody gone thru the same situation? thanks

I cant believe how fast this process is going. I applied in april 07, went to the fingerprint place on may 2nd and on may 5th I got a letter with my interview appointment on June 12th. My step-dad is my sponsor. Does anyone know what questions they ask to people in my situation. I know that when the I-485 is based on marriage, the questions are a little tougher. Anybody gone thru the same situation? thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">appointment on June 12th </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Herbit,

There are alot of questions that they will be asked during the interview process. Just make sure you will answer as clear and honest as possible, try not to stummble and be relaxed. For how long you and your spouse have been married?! And also give some more detailes as far as when you met etc

My I-485 is not based on marriage. My step-dad is a USC and he filed a petition for my back when I was 14 or 15. He was a LPR at the time. My priority date became current and that's how I filed. There's a lot on here about questions they ask to married couples, but now many for a parent/child relationship.

herbit: My friend had file I-130 while he was a Green Card holder in 2000, since he had become the Citizen upgraded the Petitions, which was approved on Feb. 2007.
    He was asked to mail his family based I-485 to chicago office, after that he received NOA. His file was transfered to Lees Summit Office at MO, and now he received NOA for fingerprints.

Have you also received letters from Lee's Summit, MO office in you case.
    Please respond

Kumar555: I also did the same thing. I sent packet to chicago. From there, it got sent to MO. Its going to be 62 days from the time they received my packet until the day of my interview. My receipt number starts with "MSC" so yes, I do receive letters from MO.