Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracking from NVC to Guangzhou

Hi,
    The NVC in New Hampshire said they had approved my I-130 application package and sent it to the consulate in Guangzhou (China) mid-May. They send it by DHL but don't know the tracking #.

We still have not heard from GZ and are trying to track progress.

Any suggestions?

How long does ths phase typically take?

Thanks !
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Hi,
    The NVC in New Hampshire said they had approved my I-130 application package and sent it to the consulate in Guangzhou (China) mid-May. They send it by DHL but don't know the tracking #.

We still have not heard from GZ and are trying to track progress.

Any suggestions?

How long does ths phase typically take?

Thanks !
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Contact GZ and ask if it arrived. NVC should have a tracking number. Very bad of them to not have it.

Consulate/Embassy in China will contact when visa number are available for your priority date.

It can take a couple of months, Wolf. It really depends on how busy the Consulate is.

You could call directly and find out if it has arrived, though typically, your wife would get a packet from them detailing what she needs to do next.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Wolf, according to the Consulates website it says:

Note: that visa petitions typically take 3-4 months to arrive at the Consulate after being sent by NVC; this is largely due to unavoidable delays in clearing official documents at Chinese customs.

After documentation is checked through there, an interview date is usually 2-4 months from then.

It may be a good idea to look at visajourney.com and see others who have gone through same consulate for timelines.

Here is details from one member there: (jbhypno)
    2008-10-27 : Visa package shipped DHL to Guangzhou
    2008-10-30 : Visa package arrives at customs clearing center in Guangzhou (2-4 months for clearance)
    2009-02-19 : Visa package released from customs and delivered (3 months & 20 days later)
    2009-04-28 : Interview

Hope that helps.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Is Chines Customs is crazy or what holding documents for that long?

NVC should use diplomatic pouch thru State Department for prompt delivery.

Hey! Tak, how you doing...Long time you and I was off from this board, hope you are doing well..
    NVC is the part of U.S. Department of State. They mail all doucments via diplomatic pouch to all post worldwide. And it takes six to 8 weeks to reach the applicants country...
    It also depend upon the work load at that Consular Section...
    I hope by now or by the end of this month applican should received
    I just had a talk with some one and he said no DHL or any other transpotation is used from US..
    I don't think it takes that long to reach the Documents...
    Sprint_girl07 had given the detalis of it....
    It could happen in China .....

Hi FSN, I am very pleased to meet you again. Actually, I am done with USCIS so I stopped using ilw, however, it is such a good board, I decided to come back and try to help those who need help.

Regarding use of DHL by NVC, I was really surprised. Thank you for feedback that NCV uses DIP pouch for mail. That is safe way to deal with important mail.

You and I know how the system was working and still working.
    Yes I heard that you are done with USCIS, in what year...?....Since then have you been to your home country on US PPT.
    That's very nice of you.
    There was a question about I-539 for person overstayed his Non Immigration visa...
    As such I have used my Consular Section experince to help few guys, I completed that I-539 for them. with out any questions they received there Green Card within 6six week..in 2007...