Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USCIS PEAKS INTO FACEBOOK

USCIS PEAKS INTO FACEBOOK

The open forum comment that seemed to create the most chatter during the conference was when USCIS and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) both noted that they look to sources of information that are independent of the record established by a petition and its supporting documentation to verify the information contained therein. What this means is that the agencies now look to public information that is available on the web that concerns, for example, the finances or business operations of a sponsoring employer to determine whether that employer is, in fact, offering bona fide employment to a nonimmigrant worker.

Or, keeping this article about the beneficiaries, USCIS explained that it often searches through Myspace and Facebook, prior to marriage-based adjustment interviews, to see what the couple may be discussing with each other and their contacts and whether they entered into a bona fide marriage. In response to the murmur of objection that began to build throughout the room despite a relatively recent New York Times article that noted employers have been doing the same for quite some time, USCIS analogized its position to that of a bank that inquires into the financial viability of a prospective borrower. I am not so horrified by the idea of government agencies accessing information that people have themselves made available to the general public, depending, of course, on whether USCIS is accessing private profiles through agreements with these online social network providers. However, this analogy does highlight the USCIS mission as one that is primarily oriented around enforcement rather than the impartial adjudication of an established record, and justifies concerns that petitions could be denied for undisclosed reasons.USCIS PEAKS INTO FACEBOOK

Read more about this here:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.visa.us.marriage-bas...ead/b288344c11784f41

It all sounds a bit too Big Brother is watching You for my liking.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

who cares
    SonofMichael
    ILW Community Disorganizer

Maybe They Should Be More Accurate by Looking Even F A R T H E R! . and Actually doing something about it!!!

AHHHH. Good Ole Super Computers! F A R T H E R Is Not F A R T!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Out Of Curiosity I Paid a Visit To Uscis Office Here!
    I Saw Those From India, South America, Asia! Employees! Same In The DMV! Same In The County Government Offices! All The Places That Once Had an Acceptable Level Of Support For The People! Now The Most Undesirable Places To Ever Visit and Have Business With! Documents Lost, Poor Service, Every USC that Enters Leaves With Frustration!!!!

Our Government Did Not Protect This Country!!!!

Dated An Immigrant Not Mentioned Before. Was Able To Get Bank Accounts, Both Checking and Savings. No S.S. # No Residence Here, and No Passport Necessary! And Was Offered Guaranteed Home Loan If Desired! I Would Have To Do 10 Back flips and Guarantee My SOUL to Receive Same! There Is No Emoticon Here That Comes Close To Expressing My Thoughts At That Time!!!! Both Bank Employee and Other Had Communications As Per Home Country! .

And Many Wonder Why USC Posters here Appear CRAZY! USC has Become Minority! AMERICA has Taken on the very same values, ethics, beliefs, as the Home world most Immigrants Originated from and Seeked America as Being SAVOR!!! Now America Is No Different Than The Very Place The Immigrants Prayed To One Day Be Able To Leave!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

To quote an oft-used phrase MIR, if you don't like it there, leave! Go to WY, 94% white and Repubs
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Originally posted by Brit4064:
    To quote an oft-used phrase MIR, if you don't like it there, leave! Go to WY, 94% white and Repubs
    And Where Would You Suggest I Go???? Keep In Mind I Have Grand Friends Here From england! . WWW. You Know! . On The Terms and Thought Of Fantasy Within This Board, WHERE?????

Alright now....

Maybe up in Casper, but the rest of the state is 99% cows and sheep and horses... Grrrrrrrrr

I am sure Houston will take you in and show the ropes and introduce you to the doggies lol
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.