50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: travel with expired conditional permanent resident card

Has anyone actually entered the country with their expired conditional resident card and the I-797 (Notice of Action)? I know the NOA says that my status has been extended for a year and it allows travel, but I am nervous about seeing how this will actually work. I have to leave the US in a week, for about a week... Any experiences would be helpful! Thanks!

Has anyone actually entered the country with their expired conditional resident card and the I-797 (Notice of Action)? I know the NOA says that my status has been extended for a year and it allows travel, but I am nervous about seeing how this will actually work. I have to leave the US in a week, for about a week... Any experiences would be helpful! Thanks!

Yeah I had to travel from japan to america with it and I was soooo scared.... I had to yell at the Japanese ladies and show the one that could speak English what the letter said... But mostly when you hand your passport over just give them your expired green card and the letter you will be fine

Just carry your notice from USCIS of the extension. If you don't have that, don't travel.

US POE will let you come in, however, it depends on the Immigration of the country from where you will be travelling. Some countires do not let you fly unless you have physical GC such as Pakistan. Therefore, be careful.

I always advise people not to travel without the the actual card. If anything happens while you are outside the country you are cooked. It's always easier to fight when you are here. What is your GC based on?

Remember the service can make their decision anytime, conditional is strictly conditional. why take the risk. Wait for final decision.

Good luck

My husband traveled to India with expired Conditional GC and I-751 receipt. At POE, they didn't even ask for the receipt notice- I think they had it in their computers already.