50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: guilty plead

i HAVE BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY SINCE THE AGE OF 5, i'M 42 YEARS OLD BACK IN 1986 BECAUSE OF MY BAD JUDGEMENT i PLEADED GUILTY TO 2 FELEONY COUNTS FOR DRUGS AFTER HAVING PAID MY DUES, TEN YEARS LATER A LAW IS PASSED THAT SAYS IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU PAID YOUR DUES TO SOCIETY, MIND YOU i'M NOT A CRIMINAL i MADE A MISTAKE i'M A FAMILY MAN WITH 2 CHILDREN AGES 11 AND 15 i OWN MY HOME AND i"M MARRIED TO A US CITIZEN, BUT BECAUSE OF THIS LAW IT'S OK FOR THE INS AT ANY POINT IN MY LIFE AND SAY YOU ARE OUT OF HERE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? ANY COMMENTS WILL BE APPRICIATED
    THANKS

i HAVE BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY SINCE THE AGE OF 5, i'M 42 YEARS OLD BACK IN 1986 BECAUSE OF MY BAD JUDGEMENT i PLEADED GUILTY TO 2 FELEONY COUNTS FOR DRUGS AFTER HAVING PAID MY DUES, TEN YEARS LATER A LAW IS PASSED THAT SAYS IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU PAID YOUR DUES TO SOCIETY, MIND YOU i'M NOT A CRIMINAL i MADE A MISTAKE i'M A FAMILY MAN WITH 2 CHILDREN AGES 11 AND 15 i OWN MY HOME AND i"M MARRIED TO A US CITIZEN, BUT BECAUSE OF THIS LAW IT'S OK FOR THE INS AT ANY POINT IN MY LIFE AND SAY YOU ARE OUT OF HERE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? ANY COMMENTS WILL BE APPRICIATED
    THANKS

I feel bad for you, but why aren't you a US citizen?

If you were a US citizen you could stay?

I do not know what to tell you...

Goodluck

apparently your criminal records especially it is related to drugs will always haunt your future personally and all related to your social life.
    you have to be patient before your records will be expunge before doing some immigration adjustment.

A regular expungement will have no (positive) effect on the fact that you will remain "removable" without the availibility of relief.

However, there are a few options or (hopes) for person's like you

- you may "collaterally attack" the origianl drug conviction (since the federal law that makes you now indefinitly removable without any relief was not in effect when you plead to the state charges. Talk to a good appeals/criminal attorney about this. This may be expensive...

- get active with groups who are trying to make changes to the law, that will allow old, one-time criminal violations to be "pardoned" (http://www.ciej.org)

- look into the case that partially overruled the Roldan case ("1. drug offense that may qualify for federal first offender rehab and therefore not stand a conviction for immigration purposes"... shustermann.com) perhaps.

Good luck!

Drug possession convictions or drug sale? Drug sale convictions are classifiable as "aggravated felonies" under the immigration laws. Drug possession convictions may not block your eligibility for relief. Aggravated felony drug sale convictions will block your eligibility for relief. Good luck! - rrv