free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Recently lost my F-1 status

Hello,
    I have been an F-1 student for 3 years but this semester I did not attend school and as a result lost my status. I would like to return to school next semester, but I do not know what to do about my status.
    The reason I lost my status was due the various problems that my parents had in my home country so they finally came here and are filing for asylum.
    In my case, I don't know what to do in order to be reinstated or to avoid deportation.
    Could someone help me and tell me the different options that I have available. Thank you.

Hello,
    I have been an F-1 student for 3 years but this semester I did not attend school and as a result lost my status. I would like to return to school next semester, but I do not know what to do about my status.
    The reason I lost my status was due the various problems that my parents had in my home country so they finally came here and are filing for asylum.
    In my case, I don't know what to do in order to be reinstated or to avoid deportation.
    Could someone help me and tell me the different options that I have available. Thank you.

Hey Manu. Why don't you talk to your International Advisor first before making assumptions. I am sure they can help you get reinstated. Be prepared for the various documents that they will require. DO not worry, things happen you know.

You can request for reinstatement within 5 months of your I20 expiration date. Some people use lawyers to do this.

Good Luck

Can't help but wonder what effect his parents being here and applying for asylum would have on his student (Nonimmigrant) visa? Sort of weakens the proof of nonimmigrant intent.

Bea,
    I spoke to my international advisors but they told me that they will have to issue another I-20 but i will have to go back to my country and reapply for a visa with the new I-20. The problem is my family has left my home country, and it will be had for me to go back especially with all the troubles that it could cause.