publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question on naturalization, please respond.....

I am planning to apply for naturalization. My eligibility for citizenship is 4 yrs and 1 day. Now here are my questions/concerns:

1. I am eligible to apply on june 16 2005, can I apply 90 days prior to eligibility (on march 16)??
    2. What happens if they reject my application, in the event that I applied 90 days prior to eligibility? Will I have to wait for another year to apply again? Will they send me back the fees I paid?
    3. I have 2 kids, do I have to file separately for them?
    4. How long is the Boston local district office taking to process N400?

Thanks in advance.

I am planning to apply for naturalization. My eligibility for citizenship is 4 yrs and 1 day. Now here are my questions/concerns:

1. I am eligible to apply on june 16 2005, can I apply 90 days prior to eligibility (on march 16)??
    2. What happens if they reject my application, in the event that I applied 90 days prior to eligibility? Will I have to wait for another year to apply again? Will they send me back the fees I paid?
    3. I have 2 kids, do I have to file separately for them?
    4. How long is the Boston local district office taking to process N400?

Thanks in advance.

"1. I am eligible to apply on june 16 2005, can I apply 90 days prior to eligibility (on march 16)??"

-- Yes

"2. What happens if they reject my application, in the event that I applied 90 days prior to eligibility? Will I have to wait for another year to apply again?"

-- Why would they reject it? And why "another year"? If they reject it, it would be because you do not satisfy some requirement, and then you would have to wait until that requirement is satisfied.... or because you do not provide some document, or fee, or whatever, and in that case, you can just file right back.

"Will they send me back the fees I paid?"

It depends on why it gets rejected. If it is incomplete, they will not accept it, and send your check back to you.
    If they do accept it, and start processing, and then find out something wrong with it, then they will keep the money.

"3. I have 2 kids, do I have to file separately for them?"

-- No. They should be able become citizens automatically after you are naturalized.
    What about their other parent's citizenship?

"4. How long is the Boston local district office taking to process N400?"

-- About nine months

Thanks Weasel, really appreciate your response.

What about their other parent's citizenship?
    My spouse is not here yet, his I-130 is approved but we are still waiting for his priority date to be current.

Thanks,
    Mandy

Once you are naturalized, your spouse can receive a GC right away (more or less... within a month).... if he is outside that is AOS in US will take quite a while - about a year or so - but either way you will not have to worry about priority dates anymore

If your children do not have a GC, you will have to file a separate I-130 for them - if your spouse was immigrating as a spouse of an LPR, they could just come with him (or her? ;-)), but for the immediate relatives of citizens follow-to-join benefits are not available - each of them requires their own petition.

weasel, friend trying to file for his citizenship N-400, though he can file in Feb. 2005 He is lost to under stand what documents he need to attached with his N-400 application.
    Will you please explain. Thank you.

I already informed him that he should attached both side of his GC.
    Photos, and fee of $385.00 via Money order.
    He is worried since he had not paid his tax for one year when he was not working.

I will appreciate your response, thank you.

I am not sure what you are asking... The documents he needs to submit are listed right in the instructions to the form...
    I could copy and paste it here, but just not sure how it would help.

As for his tax return, if he wasn't working that year and did not have to file his return, it's ok that he does not have it.
    He'll just explain it at the interview if they ask him about it.

Weasel:

1. One of my friend who had lived in US for 5 year
    since he had become an LPR. In Feb. 2000.
    He had completed 5 years, on Feb. 2005. He paid all his taxs for 2000,2001,2002, from Feb.2003 untill May 2004 he did not work.
    In June 2004 he was employed as part-time and paid his tax this year in Feb.2005.
    Can he file for his Citizenship?
    2. What he will need to attached with his N-400.
    According to check list: He should submit the
    following:
    (a) Copy of his Green Card both side.
    (b) two photos.
    (c) Fees.
    But he think, he will need to submit the certified copies from IRS to proof that he do not have any out standing taxs, in any states or Federal tax.
    What is the correct way to file for his citizenship, which is over due since Feb.2005.
    Will you please help us.
    Thank you.

"Can he file for his Citizenship?"

-- Sure. Why not?

"But he think, he will need to submit the certified copies from IRS to proof that he do not have any out standing taxs, in any states or Federal tax."

-- That is not required.

"What is the correct way to file for his citizenship, which is over due since Feb.2005."

-- It is never "overdue". You can file whenever you like (after 5 years, of course). It does not matter

WEASEL:
    Due to not filing the taxs his Naturalization might be heldup.

You are sure that he will need (a)(b) and (c) only to file for his citizenship and fee of $320.00payable in US $by personnal check/money order which is the best.

He is already working on his 2003 tax with H&R Block with all the papers and they will take care of it for only $49.00
    He is worried about all this one year.
    Please respond ASAP. He is satisfied with your answer to my questions.
    We thank you and awating your response to above. Thanks again for all your help.