50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: unsure of next step

hi, i am an Englishman who moved to Indiana and got married to an American Woman, we had been talking online for 2 years and i had come over to visit before, i came over this time on the visa waiver and now we are married i wish to apply for resident status, i have less than 1 month left on the vsa waiver and will have to either fly home or drop off the radar so to speak. how can i apply for residency nd for SSN and work permit? what do i need and how much will it cost approx?

please help me

Richard

Hi RichardIN,

Here are a couple of links to help you get started:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
    http://www.kamya.com/intro/tourist.html

Good luck!

You do not have to leave; you can file for residencey and adjustment of status. I recommend that you DO NOT leave until you have received your documents; otherwise you will have a long seperation. All the forms are on the USCIS website. You do not need a lawyer. But be sure to file before your visa expires.

thank you for the advice, i hope i can raise $1010 before the 29th is there a cheaper way that is known of? my wife is on disabillity and i can not work here so it is difficult

please let me know if there is

Richard

Someone12
    another wa nking visa cheat....hey there wa nker..didn't you tell our border officials that you were staying a short time? I think it's called 'lying'.....

Originally posted by Someone12:
    another wa nking visa cheat....hey there wa nker..didn't you tell our border officials that you were staying a short time? I think it's called 'lying'.....
    Ever heard of spontaneity? Nope, didn't think so. A dried up old prune like yourself could never understand why someone might enter our country, fall in love and marry without some sort of deception involved.

actually som, i came over to visit her and we decided to get married, the border officials knew i was staying for 90 days and they even knew i was visiting her, so no i am not trying to cheat a visa, and i dont appreciate the accusation.

as for the other advice people have given, thank you again

Someone12
    to the wa nking visa cheat....eff you...I don't believe you....as for 'spontaneity....sorry...that's just a phony excuse.....go slurp up some weetabix

RichardIn

Congrats... but please be aware that if for any reason you are denied adjustment of status. .. the decision is final because you got married here while on VWP. Final... no appeal if denied.

It may appear to them that you did circumvent the system by flying here and got married instead of properly applying for K-1 fiancee visa.

Make sure you stick to that story of spontaneous and hope 4the best.

Good luck