Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E2 visa and I-129? advice needed

Hello all

i am a Canadian citizen in the USA currently on an E2 Visa-Entreprener through business"A". i have a purchase agreement and inital transfer paperwork done for business"B". we intend to sell business "A". my questions are:-

1. please confirm that it is form I-129 that i need to fill to transfer my visa from business "A" to business "B".

2. if AFTER filing necessary forms with USCIS for business "B" but BEFORE receiving endorsement i were to sell business "A" could i continue to be in the USA without being out of status.

what are my options. any inputs would be appreciated

thx

Mickey

Hello all

i am a Canadian citizen in the USA currently on an E2 Visa-Entreprener through business"A". i have a purchase agreement and inital transfer paperwork done for business"B". we intend to sell business "A". my questions are:-

1. please confirm that it is form I-129 that i need to fill to transfer my visa from business "A" to business "B".

2. if AFTER filing necessary forms with USCIS for business "B" but BEFORE receiving endorsement i were to sell business "A" could i continue to be in the USA without being out of status.

what are my options. any inputs would be appreciated

thx

Mickey

What is the nature of sale, is it an acquisition or a merger? Is the business interest of the two companies identical?

Business"A" the one which i currently have a visa on is an outright sale to a party not connected at all to us.........Business "B" is a franchised fast food restaurant (a well known one)

Your initial thinking was right then. A new Form I-129 petition should be submitted with Company B as the petitioning Company or Organization.

thanx for the confimation..........and for the second question if Business "A" was to be sold WHILE I-129 IS BEING PROCESSED for business "B" could i continue to remain in the USA without being out of status.......

i appreciate you taking the time to reply to my concerns....thx

Yes, any non-frivolous application/petition to change or extend an alien's nonimmigrant status - while it's pending and until a decision is made - is a lawful stay authorized by the Attorney General.

wow..thanx for your excellent direction......a little while ago i consulted with an "immigration attorney" who gave a very non-commital answer.......do you know of the top of your head where i can see this in writing, is it any where in the INA.?

Haha! ask your lawyer.

thx for all your help.........much appreciated