50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *NEED HELP* Interview Done. No Stamp. Further Complications.

My sister and her husband went for GC interview in Los Angeles 2 months ago. Everything went well except that the offcier wasn't able to locate my sister's in law's naturalization record. So the officier hold the case until she finds out more information.

A couple of days ago, my sister received a letter asking my sister to get her husband's naturalization form from the District office and mail it back to them in order to approve her GC.

I think this is ridiculous. During the interview, the office specifically told them she will look into it. Now two months has been wasted. What a lazy ***p!! She should have told my sister to look for that information right after the interview instead of waiting for 2 months for nothing.

My sister is extremely disappointed. Now she just hope that that the District office will have her husband's naturalization form. Obviuosly the application is not in the system which is a big flaw.

Let's hope that my sister's case will get approved soon.

My sister and her husband went for GC interview in Los Angeles 2 months ago. Everything went well except that the offcier wasn't able to locate my sister's in law's naturalization record. So the officier hold the case until she finds out more information.

A couple of days ago, my sister received a letter asking my sister to get her husband's naturalization form from the District office and mail it back to them in order to approve her GC.

I think this is ridiculous. During the interview, the office specifically told them she will look into it. Now two months has been wasted. What a lazy ***p!! She should have told my sister to look for that information right after the interview instead of waiting for 2 months for nothing.

My sister is extremely disappointed. Now she just hope that that the District office will have her husband's naturalization form. Obviuosly the application is not in the system which is a big flaw.

Let's hope that my sister's case will get approved soon.

Why not bring his naturalization form to the local office, ask to speak to someone that knows what to do and go from there (instead of more waiting) ?

Clever,

They were supposed to bring the citizenship certificate to the interview. That "lazy officer" could just as easily denied the case and make them start all over for not having all of the required documentation at the interview. Count your blessings....had that case been in NYC your sister would have been denied and would have to file a motion to try to get her case reopened (another 2 year wait to adjudicate a motion).

Why are the Officers in NYC so "special" in terms of the type of service they give to the general public????

Bronzelady,

Her husband had brought in his Natualization certificate as well as his US passport to the interview. The officer could not find the naturalization record in the system so she started to question whether the naturalization record is real or not. OF cos it's real!! That's how the whole thing get started! I think it's just bad luck.

Anyways, hope everythign will go smoothly later on.

Kalla,

It is incumbent upon the applicant to be ready at the time of interview. NYC has over 105,000 pending cases and the get anywhere from 2500 - 3000 new applications a month. The officers there do not have the luxury of scheduling cases multiple times and seeing cases more than once. Also they interview 4 days a week from the time they get to work to the time they leave. That leaves one day a week to close pending cases. The less pending cases the better. Then people will complain because their case has been pending for four months and the officer hasn't gotten back to them yet. It works both ways. If you are prepared on the day of the interview then you can avoid a lot of hassle later.

In other words, it's NEVER the poor over-worked immigration officer's fault and its ALWAYS the ungrateful, whining alien's fault.
    Have a nice day

Understood BronzeLady!
    By the way, just out of curiosity, can explain the the process when the Officers workl on pending cases: after the case is cleared in the system what happends? I just want an A-B-C kind of explanation.
    Thanks!

Gluhbirne,

Not always but a lot of the time it is not their fault. The NYC office has over 105,000 pending cases and about 60 officers to work on AOS cases. That averages out to 1750 cases per officer. That's just cases already interviewed not counting the new stuff that comes in every day. NYC has one of the highest officer to case ratios. Some other offices have twice or three times that (generally none of the major ones where you would actually NEED the staff). Adding permanent employees has to be approved by Congress and takes a lot to get passed (the last request for additional permanent bodies, not replacements of officers lost but new bodies, has been pending for three years and counting. Even if NYC did get the additional bodies it wouldn't matter....there isn't enough office space to conduct more interviews. The AOS unit in NYC moved into redesigned office space in 2000 (after a construction authorized 7 years previously....it takes time to get a plan approved, bid the contract, select a contractor, perform the work, etc.). When they moved into the new space it was already too small for them. Recognize that most of these people are trying to empty a sinking boat with a teaspoon.