50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: f1 student in need of help

I lost my student visa status in the United States for more than a year and according to the law only 5 months is negotiable, so I need help from anybody who can and may god bless you

I lost my student visa status in the United States for more than a year and according to the law only 5 months is negotiable, so I need help from anybody who can and may god bless you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ilfenomeno:
    I lost my student visa status in the United States for more than a year and according to the law only 5 months is negotiable, so I need help from anybody who can and may god bless you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    How did you lose your student immigration status. Did you marry a USC or LPR, did you have to drop below full time status and could not return home?

Depending on what the circumstances are depends on whether there is any remedy for you. If you want send me a PM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Someone12
    will god really bless us just because you say so? If so, why not ask god to restore your status..?? why rely on mere human beings??

thank you Hudson for replying to my message I'm going to see an immigration lawyer this tuesday basically what happens is that my sponsor experienced financial difficulties in a country very unstable, I did not marry a usc, I've always played by the rules and since I'm new to these terms so If could please tell me what you mean by PM, thanks a lot

Someone12
    PM= personal moron...
    no doubt during your haitus from school you were just staying at home,watching TV, but not working, right? Wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ilfenomeno:
    thank you Hudson for replying to my message I'm going to see an immigration lawyer this tuesday basically what happens is that my sponsor experienced financial difficulties in a country very unstable, I did not marry a usc, I've always played by the rules and since I'm new to these terms so If could please tell me what you mean by PM, thanks a lot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    PM means to send me a private message to me. There are options for you b/c of the financial situation of your sponsor. What will happen is that the attorney will attempt to have you reinstated of legal status by an application to DHS. This will be through form I-539, if you are still in the US. The other option your attorney may advise is for you to file a waiver, I-601. This means you will need to go back to your country of origin to file the waiver at the US consulate with an initial entry I-20. But this is more risky to you since the waiver is basically approved or denied at the US Embassy or consulate.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

thanks a lot hudson I really appreciate your feedback