free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas INS experiences?

Just wondering if anyone out there has had / is having any experiences with the Las Vegas INS and how it is going?

Just wondering if anyone out there has had / is having any experiences with the Las Vegas INS and how it is going?

I have lots of experience with Las Vegas!!!! but not the INS! lol

All of our paperwork was filed by an attorney throught the LV INS. In 1999. Now at the time, I did not know that it took 90 days to get a work permit for my husband (canadian) so we kind of struggled. But looking back he did get the work authorization a little over 90 days from the date we filed. Our AOS interview was fine, very short and he was approved, they said that we would get the GC. We did.

Now this was quite awhile back, but I believe that tehy told us wrong information(go figure) because after our AOS interview they told us we had to file advance parole in order to go to Canada, but if I remember correctly we already had the GC when our AP was approved, needless to say, we never left the country, looking back on it it was a stupid move, we should have left anyways.

Other then that we filed the i-751 in 2003 and were called for interview. We had also sumitted an AR-11 during that time and never recieved the interview letter (until 3 days before interview), though we called and sent were told they received the ar-11. They approved it and my husband has his 10yr GC, we will be filling the N-400 at the end of the year.

However overall I have never really had too many problems with the LV office, and back when I filed it used to be this nightmare!!! You had to go inside to stand in the line, there were no chairs, yuck yuck place to be, but now it seems a little better as they do not let everyone in unless you have a reason to be there. Anyways, what did you file and have you heard any news?

Ardiania: We filed 5 I-130's, 5 I-485 and one work authorization, all forms were received and signed for on April 28th. We have done that "stand in line" thing, and I agree "yuck!" I too am from Canada (British Columbia) married to a USC. I know that it is still very early to hear or receive anything from them in regards to the forms, guess I am just antsy to get things moving along, especially the work authorization, as my husband is the sole supporter of me and my/our 4 children.

Zoid: Many many peeps can say the same thing,,,, If anyone would have asked me 2 1/2 yrs. ago, if me and my/our children would be living here, in a loud and clear voice my answer would have been,,,,,,,,,,,, **** NO,,,,,, VEGAS IS NO PLACE FOR KIDS,,,,,,, but answering now, it's not so bad.

Any ideas as to how long it should be till i receive or if i will receive EAD? And for that matter LOL, what the **** is EAD? (Sorry still trying to figure out the lingo and not appear uneducated in the immigration process)

It is work authorization. It takes 90 days. If you have not heard anything from them within 90 days then go ahead and you can go into the office.

Okay,,,,,, thank you so much, and once i get the authorization what is involved? finger prints? pictures? a card of some sort?

You know I am not sure. I wish I could help you out, but I will ask my husband tonight, what he did after he was able to work and then I will let you know tomorrow. I know he had to get a ssn# and that took some time, but maybe someone else on the board know what comes with that.

Sounds good to me,,,,,,,, and again, thank you so much for the input/information

Jodi