50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: To everybody with interim EAD

I have been waiting for EAD over 3 months now since receiving NOA. I know that I could go to Federal Plaza in NYC to pick this up in person.I have a question to everybody who did this. Is the document you receive in the form of plastic card with a picture or just a regular letter ? It is important to me because school officials I go to demand a card. Thank you for any responses.

I have been waiting for EAD over 3 months now since receiving NOA. I know that I could go to Federal Plaza in NYC to pick this up in person.I have a question to everybody who did this. Is the document you receive in the form of plastic card with a picture or just a regular letter ? It is important to me because school officials I go to demand a card. Thank you for any responses.

they will issue you a card with name and signature on it...i did it last year. make sure you go there before 11pm the night before and sleep in front of the building...i went there at 11pm and there were 30 something people ahead of me.

U don't really need to go there the night before, what u can do is to go there very early in the morning to ensure that your case will be processed quickly.....get to federal Plaza at 6:30AM you'll be out be 12noon!
    I already did it twice. and you'll get a card with your picture onit of course.
    Good luck!

kalla, when were the last time you went there? i went there to get my first ead last aug and the line is around 200 people at 6am.. how could you get in?

also, i will send in application to renew my ead next month...what is your experience about it? "how long is the wait to get the renew ead?
    do you have to go there to pick it up?

Last time I went to Federal Plaza was in early January to renew my EAD since it had been more than 90 days after sendint the I765 application...
    Generally, with NY District office you'll have to go in to get your EAD as it never comes before the 90 days....
    like I said there is no need to spend the night there unless you love camping!

From personal experience, it is better for you to get there at about 5:30 a.m. This just to make sure you are among the first 100, who are eligible to receive E.A.D.s at the New York District Office, upon proof that your application has been pending for 90 days or more.

I'm in the same boat, been over 90 days and my employer is getting impatient.

Please tell me what kind of documents you need to bring with you for the interim card?

Has anyone done this in Washington DC office in Arlington? I wonder what's the experience like.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention my EAD is marriage based, don't know if it makes a difference to my question.