Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 204 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential candidates and their stand on immigration

Hi everybody,

I would just like to ask your studied opinions on the major players in the presidential race, specifically, their stand on immigration.

My husband and I are discussing this (and even though I can't vote yet), seeing that this forum has so many members who reallly know what they are talking about, I would appreciate it to know the members' opinions on this.

1. GOP/Republican - McCain, Romney, Huckabee Paul and Guiliani

2. Democrats - Clinton, Obama and Edwards

I think that they are the major players but if I have omitted some, please just include them.

Thanks!

(And as ProudUSC always says - God bless America and everyone else! )
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Republicans

Rudy Giuliani: Favors path to citizenship for some undocumented immigrants, supports border fence.

Mike Huckabee: Favors border fence, rules out a pathway to citizenship unless undocumented immigrants first return to country of origin. As Arkansas governor, backed in-state tuition for illegal immigrants.

John McCain: Co-sponsored Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which would provide a path to citizenship for some undocumented immigrants
    and fence construction along part of the U.S-Mexico border.

Mitt Romney: Opposes any ˜special pathway' to legal status, favors fence.

Fred Thompson: Opposes path of citizenship for undocumented immigrants, favors fence.

Ron Paul: Favors deportation of undocumented immigrants, wants to end birthright citizenship.

Democrats

Barack Obama: Voted for Immigration Reform Act of 2006.

Hillary Clinton: Voted for Immigration Reform Act of 2006.

John Edwards: Favors path to citizenship for some undocumented immigrants and border fence in some areas.

Dennis Kucinich: Favors legal status for "hard-working, tax-paying undocumented workers."

(Thanks to Chicago Tribune & Greg Siskind).

Hi Rough Neighbor,

WOW! Thanks for those - very concise, yet comprehensive.

--John Wesley

You seem like a very nice person, Mrs. B. Not sure I ever welcomed you formally to the forum, but a great big welcome to you is in order! Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts here!

Hi ProudUSC,

Thanks! I was led to this forum because of my friend's problem (guess I'm one of those few blessed ones who didn't have problems with my papers). I've read some of your posts here and I'm thankful to you too for making us feel welcome (as well as providing answers to those who need help).

--John Wesley

Hi Mrs. B.,

I'm glad you didn't have problems wth your immigration situation. You are one of the lucky ones. I hope you will stay and try to help others make their journey to the USA a bit less difficult!

I know! (It did help that my husband followed the rules so it makes a lot of things easier...) We're happy with each other so I guess I will be here till the end. It's an honor to be a part of the USA!

Have a nice evening ProudUSC!

--John Wesley

Great thread Mrs. B! AMERICANS THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING AMERICA and OUR LAWS AND CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND!

As for the losers running for President and where they stand:

Shrillary and Obama = AMNESTY and PANDERING for OBL's and Illegal alien votes (and yes Villagaroisa has registered illegal aliens which is how he became Mayor of LA and why he is campaigning for Shrillary make no mistake about that one);

Edwards: Pro Middleclass America (but I have never heard him verbalize his stance with regards to immigration) not as liberal as the other two traitors mentioned above;

Kucinich: PRO AMNESTY (but I like his stance on other issues especially government)

McCain: PRO AMNESTY, older than dirt and may even be a mummy - lol

Huckabee = PRO AMNESTY (flip flopping for votes), mentally the equivalent of Bush on mild steroids; unfortunately it looks like the evangelicals have NOT learned their lesson;

Romney: Flip flopper but would vote for him only because he will reject any form of amnesty;

Thompson: Strikes me as lazy but I like his stances on the economy and immigration

Ron Paul: I am a registered Independent and if a conservative Independent does not step in at the last minute, and Paul is nominated (which probably won't happen) I'd vote for him, I like his platform of getting back to basics and following the letter of the US Constitution as well as a moratorium on immigration until America reasses its needs and get serious about border security which will equal attrition through enforcement, no more welfare and other freebies and he is also in favor of revision of the 14th amendment and rescinding the anchor baby farce that is killing our once great nation.
    Wolves Travel In Packs

Originally posted by Beverly:
    Great thread Mrs. B! AMERICANS THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING AMERICA and OUR LAWS AND CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND!

Edwards: Pro Middleclass America (but I have never heard him verbalize his stance with regards to immigration) not as liberal as the other two traitors mentioned above;

John Edwards' position on immigration may not be that liberal, but rather rational. All in all he's a decent politician, but the prospect of him getting nominated is a long shot, so...

Originally posted by Beverly:

Shrillary and Obama = AMNESTY and PANDERING for OBL's and Illegal alien votes (and yes Villagaroisa has registered illegal aliens which is how he became Mayor of LA and why he is campaigning for Shrillary make no mistake about that one);

Kucinich: PRO AMNESTY (but I like his stance on other issues especially government)

McCain: PRO AMNESTY, older than dirt and may even be a mummy - lol

Huckabee = PRO AMNESTY (flip flopping for votes), mentally the equivalent of Bush on mild steroids; unfortunately it looks like the evangelicals have NOT learned their lesson;

Romney: Flip flopper but would vote for him only because he will reject any form of amnesty;

Thompson: Strikes me as lazy but I like his stances on the economy and immigration

Ron Paul: I am a registered Independent and if a conservative Independent does not step in at the last minute, and Paul is nominated (which probably won't happen) I'd vote for him, I like his platform of getting back to basics and following the letter of the US Constitution as well as a moratorium on immigration until America reasses its needs and get serious about border security which will equal attrition through enforcement, no more welfare and other freebies and he is also in favor of revision of the 14th amendment and rescinding the anchor baby farce that is killing our once great nation.
    Hi Beverly,

Thank you for wishing us the best. My husband is a good man, with a very strong work ethic and treats me well so I guess I will be here till the end.

Thanks too for sharing your thoughts (calling her Shrillary is funny! )

--John Wesley