ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



Immigration Daily

Chinese Immig. Daily

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: question

  1. #1
    is an american citizen marries someone with no papers how long does it take for them to get a work permit etc and how much does it cost etc
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

  2. #2
    is an american citizen marries someone with no papers how long does it take for them to get a work permit etc and how much does it cost etc
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

  3. #3
    Hi mary

    no papers as in undocumented and snuck into the country? if so, there is no work permit, nada. He/she has to return to country of origin to seek immigrant visa to enter the usa.

    If that person is more than 180 -1yr illegal presence, then the bar will take effect when they leave the country, and a waiver will be needed for the 3/10 year bar.

    The only way around this is if there was an I-130 filed for the person on or before april 30, 2001.

  4. #4
    ok and this person has 2 children here ones 10 and ones 18 who have green cards does that change anything and they mayy an american citizen
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

  5. #5
    Hi Mary

    Please start at the beginning with facts. How did his children get greencards?

    Please give timeline and facts. keep it simple

    How did he come to usa? Did he have visa at one time? etc.
    was he married before to have these children,

    You know what we need to make determination on situation.

    what is the story on the kids, and how long have they had the green cards etc,.

    Lets get the facts Mary or we are going to have SOM answer you on this..

  6. #6
    no please keep som away from me lol.. the guy came here with his ex wife on holiday visas they seperatted she remarried now she and her 2 kids have gcards in texas his son is 18 daughter 10 and he has no green card ie the dad
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

  7. #7
    Hi Mary,

    You are asking about how the dad can get his status corrected, right? How long has the son had his green card? Will it be possible for him to have his citizenship by age 21? He can then petition for AOS for his dad.

  8. #8
    they were married ok then they seperatted the ex wife married an american citizen about 5 yeras ago therefore she and her kids got green cards but now her ex husband is still illegal but is gettin married his gorlfriend now is a us citizen originally from peru but shes a acitizen a few years so they getting married what will happen to her husbandthe one with no green card how does he need to go about applying
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

  9. #9
    i was thinking that yah his son i will ask but he is getting married the dad for love no arranged thingy and hes a good man thats why i said i find out some info him you know how it is when you call immigration and some lawyers out there ready to pounce when good free help is available at times his son umm yah has a green card will check hes 18 now lives in kansas das is here in dc.. How you all surving this recession im still between contracts its slow and may head to ireland for a month
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

  10. #10
    His new wife should be able to petition for him, Mary. You said he entered on a visa, right? As long as his record is clean, she should be able to file for an in-country Adjustment of Status for him.

Similar Threads

  1. Immigration Law Question: I-130 URGENT - Interesting Case question - Weight in
    By Jean Riccardo Rodney in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 09:17 PM
  2. Immigration Law Question: I-130 Part D. 2 question
    By Billyk in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 08:53 PM
  3. Immigration Law Question: IRS Tax question on Sponsor
    By newday2008 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 02:23 AM
  4. Immigration Law Question: H1-B related question: H1-B about to be filed
    By recentgrad123 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
  5. Immigration Law Question: K-1 sticker in your passport?? question
    By Momof2 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: